Attire for Ladies on PG

fireflytx

No men had on a sport jacket or suit jacket during the cruise. Polo and Hawaiian type shirts were worn by most of the Men during our November cruise of 2006.Causal slacks and shorts were also worn. The only time clothing is an issue is at dinner and the cruise line requests no shorts or swim suits be worn at that time. Trust me, it is very casual and there are no "Captain" nights where you have to dress up.

For women, a shawl is a good idea since the a/c can be strong in doors.

Remember that the airlines are strict with the weight.

I could have packed a few more tops since my shorts were worn multiple times.

Just want to thank everyone for all of the wonderful ideas I have gotten on this forum. I am packed ( probably taking too much)--thanks Jim for your list. I tried to stick to it. Also, thanks to everyone who said my DH does not need a jacket. He is a happy camper!

We leave on Monday morning so just a few more days. I am so excited. will write a trip report when we get home.

Thanks again--couldn't have done it without you.

Micked10

Hi Darlene,

Congrats on being packed.... I just ran my last errand and with everything clean, will begin soon... we are leaving for LA on Tues, then on the TAhiti on Wed. evening.....

Safe travels Sweetie!

Ricki Smith

OH I almost forgot... do I need a converter for the ship???

Good question Ricki--I really have not thought of that. I was sure I had all bases covered. I guess we will take one just in case. if you find out differently let me know. Someone several posts ago advised us to take an extension cord unless you wanted to do your hair at the dressing table instead of the bathroom. Also, someone else told usto take cheap inflatable rafts ( from Wal-mart) since the Motu on Bora Bora does not have any chairs etc. They said it was nice for floating and also for sitting on the beach (coral, I presume). We are taking 2rafts I am sure you know to take water shoes. Hopefully I have everything because my suitcase is full and I sure don't want to be overweight.

I am having 12 people for dinner tonight for my husbands birthday on the 27th of Aug. This was kind of nuts since this is the first time I have sat down all day! Too, too many things to do.

See you on the ship! Safe travels!

Darlene

Good question Ricki--I really have not thought of that. I was sure I had all bases covered. I guess we will take one just in case. if you find out differently let me know. Someone several posts ago advised us to take an extension cord unless you wanted to do your hair at the dressing table instead of the bathroom. Also, someone else told usto take cheap inflatable rafts ( from Wal-mart) since the Motu on Bora Bora does not have any chairs etc. They said it was nice for floating and also for sitting on the beach (coral, I presume). We are taking 2rafts I am sure you know to take water shoes. Hopefully I have everything because my suitcase is full and I sure don't want to be overweight.

I am having 12 people for dinner tonight for my husbands birthday on the 27th of Aug. This was kind of nuts since this is the first time I have sat down all day! Too, too many things to do.

See you on the ship! Safe travels!

Darlene

OH.. that is so like something I would do... have a wonderful dinner party... yes, we have all the water shoes, rafts, power strip and extension cord ( You'd think I was MOVING to Tahit :D ) I too think I will take a converter just to be on the safe side... I think we have one stashed SOMEWHERE!!!! I am packing Don this afternoon and me tomorrow.... I know I'll take too much, but you know after being a Flight Attendant for 28 years and always packing "light".... I've earned my 50 lb suitcases!!!!;)

Dinner party went well and everything is finally cleaned up. Boy, am I tired today but I guess I am operating on adreline since I am so excited about leaving tomorrow ! DH was so sure my suitcase was oeverweight that he took it to the nearest feed store ( isn't that a hoot) and weighed it on the feed scale ( bet they thought he was nuts). Anyway it was 47 lbs. ( close) and I decided to divide the stuff into 2 bags. I know I am taking too much but--what the heck!

OK, tomorrow we are off. See you Ricki ( if not in Papeete, then on the PG)

Micked10

Darlene,

He sounds so much like Don...we are pushing the limits ourselves... I have one bag JUST with recreational goodies... scuba stuff, beach bag, mat, etc.. I'm pathetic... but hey, this is my first trip there and as a past travel professional, I would rather be overpacked than under ... right now we are within all limits... grunting, but within limits.... see you onboard.. safe travel.

Most men wore polo or Hawaiian type shirts during the whole cruise. There is never a time when a jacket was needed. If your husband gets chilled then maybe the jacket would be handy. Save space and don't bother.

A light cotton sweater or shawl for women is handy in the dining room or theater since the a/c is chilly at times.

Don't stress out...it's a wonderful cruise!!!

Archived