Cabin question

ESR24

I'm planning a trip with my husband, my parents and younger sister. My husband and I want a balcony room as do my parents. They are looking at getting an interior cabin for my sister (17).

Has anyone else done this? We're just nervous that we won't all be close together (sister's cabin needs to be near my parents).

Any input would be appreciated!

Just book specific cabins instead of guarantees. You choose your cabin and its location and ensure that you will be nearby.

FYI, your sister will need to pay a higher rate for travelling single in a room-your family may want to try and find a friend willing to go along to split that cost.

I'm planning a trip with my husband, my parents and younger sister. My husband and I want a balcony room as do my parents. They are looking at getting an interior cabin for my sister (17).

Has anyone else done this? We're just nervous that we won't all be close together (sister's cabin needs to be near my parents).

Any input would be appreciated!

How old do you have to be to travel alone?spacer.gif

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

spacer.gif

You can always book cabins next to each other with the inside cabin being across from the balconly cabin. Just to point out though, if you are getting an inside cabin JUST for your sister, she will have to pay 150% cruise rate.

...that's if they can find a 1A across from a balcony. Id call a PVP or Carnival and see whats available and if they can put you across from each other. They can see what's available.

Thanks for the info....so if we book the specific rooms they won't move us correct?

I also didn't realize they would charge the extra amount for one person! I'll have them look into having her bring a friend along. That may make it more fun for her anyways!

...that's if they can find a 1A across from a balcony. Id call a PVP or Carnival and see whats available and if they can put you across from each other. They can see what's available.

I don't think there are any A1's across the hall from any cabins on Carnival ships.

The balcony cabins start on deck 4 or 6.

to get an inside across the hall from a balcony, they would have to get a 4B or higher.

please correct me if i'm wrong because i've never stayed in and A1.

I don't think there are any A1's across the hall from any cabins on Carnival ships.

The balcony cabins start on deck 4 or 6.

to get an inside across the hall from a balcony, they would have to get a 4B or higher.

please correct me if i'm wrong because i've never stayed in and A1.

That's exactly what happened when we took our boys and they were in an outside and we had a balcony. The only way we could be across the hall or on the same deck as they were is if we booked them into a 4A. Luckily the cost wasn't that much higher for the 4a on the cruise we took.

Thanks for the info....so if we book the specific rooms they won't move us correct?

I also didn't realize they would charge the extra amount for one person! I'll have them look into having her bring a friend along. That may make it more fun for her anyways!

Just be aware that if the friends parents are not on the ship you have to book with your daughter in a cabin and the friend would be booked with your husband. You can swap rooms when you get there but they won't put the two kids in a room by theirselves. We had that happen this year and one is 20 and the other 19. They are split between us which makes it a little difficult with the sail and sign cards/room keys.

ESR24 are you a past guest? i am a past guest and just booked a cruise i needed the same thing i wanted a balcony and my daughter and her friend are in a inside. Our past guest rate we got a 5 category upgrade, and now she is right across from me. Also they booked her and her friend in an inside room and they are only both 15. And i talked to 2 different people about this because they first had them in the balcony room. I asked about the sign and sail card and they said they will be fine. Am i going to have a problem when we get to the ship?

Archived