I got a price drop!

leavitt1

Hello all,

I had to log on and share this info. I went onto the Princess cite as I've done every day for the past two months, but this time the price wasn't $985 (or higher, as it's been a few times), instead it was $799 for my category. I quickly called my TA, and I got almost a $300 drop in my cruise price! :D BTW, it was really tempting to take the upgrade to minisuite instead, but it would have been a $400 difference overall (only about $25 more money before the price drop), but money is a bit tight right now, and the idea of having an extra $300 in spending money seemed to be the better choice. Plus it's our first cruise. If we went for a minisuite now, what would we have to look forward to in the future? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm a bit giddy right now and am thinking about doing the price drop dance around my living room. Anybody know how that one goes? :D

Michelle

Michelle, you were very smart to check the Princess site...we booked a 2 week cruise for Feb 2008 on the 6th of July. On July 22 I noticed the price had dropped for our catagory balcony stateroom. I sent an e-mail to our TA and she called the next day with a new confirmaion for our cruise that was $600 less...(just 2 weeks later). We were also thrilled because that pays for our airfare. I and she will continue to check until the full payment is due in December.

Have a great cruise.

We're taking our first Princess cruise in December. I booked the cruise through Princess directly. If the price drops will I automatically receive a refund or do I have to request it?

We're taking our first Princess cruise in December. I booked the cruise through Princess directly. If the price drops will I automatically receive a refund or do I have to request it?
You have to request it--check the cruise price periodically and make sure you log in on princess.com to get the best price.

Les

Leavitt & CoolMama, I too found the price drop for our sailing. I posted on the Roll Call for the 01/19/08 Golden sailing about it. Briefly, our AB mini-suite went down $250 per person, my inlaws' AC mini-suite went down $200 per person, and a friend's interior J went down $100 per person.

Just goes to show it pays to check daily, even if seems like a complete waste of time 99% of the time.

Oops, Sorry CoolMama, thought you were on the Golden with Leavitt and me. Looks like the price drops spread to CB as well. Maybe it's the January sailings that got some price drops.

Anyway, enjoy CB. We love her, and were just on a few weeks back.

I got 2 price drops on the upcoming cruise - total of $266pp saved on a balcony room. I've read on other threads that prices go up right before final payments, but mine didn't. Sure am glad!! (Now I can justify the 3 expensive spa treatments I'm getting). ;)

Oops, Sorry CoolMama, thought you were on the Golden with Leavitt and me. Looks like the price drops spread to CB as well. Maybe it's the January sailings that got some price drops.

Sorry, Sam, but I'm on the Grand!:)

Thanks! We booked in June and got a price drop in July. I have been watching our sailing and it has not been selling well. Lots of cabins still available. I was hoping for another drop! Glad you got the savings too. Enjoy the Golden! It was our first Princess Cruise!:)

Hello all,

I had to log on and share this info. I went onto the Princess cite as I've done every day for the past two months, but this time the price wasn't $985 (or higher, as it's been a few times), instead it was $799 for my category. I quickly called my TA, and I got almost a $300 drop in my cruise price! :D BTW, it was really tempting to take the upgrade to minisuite instead, but it would have been a $400 difference overall (only about $25 more money before the price drop), but money is a bit tight right now, and the idea of having an extra $300 in spending money seemed to be the better choice. Plus it's our first cruise. If we went for a minisuite now, what would we have to look forward to in the future? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm a bit giddy right now and am thinking about doing the price drop dance around my living room. Anybody know how that one goes? :D

Michelle

Congratulations on getting a price drop. Always nice to vacation for less!

After reading others postings on CC, I began to monitor the prices on Princess, and was able to get price reductions on both of our upcoming cruises, as well being able to move us from BC to BA cabins for each one.

For November on the Golden, we saved $125 apiece, and for March on the Diamond we are saving $350 apiece.

Needless to say, we are delighted to have more spending money on our cruises.

Wow!! Congratulations!!! Thats great!! I have been checking every day and still no drop yet just increases. We still have some time before final payment tho.

Congrats again and keep checking with any luck it will drop again and again. Oh yeah....I cant seem to get anywhere on the princess site this morning. Are they doing upgrades?

Congrats to the rest of you that caught the "sale." Prices seem to have gone back up, at least on my sailing. Glad I thought to check yesterday. It's starting to seem to me like Saturday's are Princess' price drop days. Just a theory!

Michelle

I've been checking the prices on our trans-Atlantic cruise coming up next April on the Emerald and saw last night that Princess had ALL oceanview and balcony rooms at the same price (and it's dropped considerably). I called our online TA this morning and just got the good word - we've changed from a Cat. F partially obstructed oceanview to a Cat. BA on Caribe Deck balcony room for the same price we'd booked the Cat. F for. After reading some of the reviews here, we decided to take this cabin change as a confirmed cabin instead of the guaranteed (hoping for an upgrade) when we first booked. Everything I've read says that the balconies on Caribe are better than Lido deck.

Thanks to everybody's advice here who said to keep an eye on the prices and to request the price and/or category changes! This certainly worked for us!

Sure wasn't an "upgrade" for me. The Emerald cruise TransA 10/03/2008 dropped considerably in price as has been noted by some friends. All except for me!? Even the online agencies are showing the price drops. The Crown cruise I have booked for September never showed a change either but did on others sites. I had a friend type in my email and password on her computer and my pricing remains unchanged from the original. Now I know this is not a regional deal as the onlines are featuring the changes across the board. Has anyone heard of this or had it happen to them? As in maybe there is an easy solution? Truly, I am confused and on the edge of some anger issues as I always like to track fare changes!!!

Did you call your TA (or Princess if you booked directly) and ask them to adjust your booking price? If you haven't made your final payment, then they should be able to adjust your pricing. A lot of the online TAs don't go in and automatically give you the lower prices - you have to request the adjustment. If you find a TA that tracks changes and gives them to you automatically, keep them (and send me their name)!

If your TA is giving you trouble on obtaining the lower price, see about transferring the booking to another TA that's willing to work with you.

Archived