Guarantee Cabin Assignment

grammyandpoppy

OK - we are 65 days out from our 10/22 Miracle cruise. We booked an 8I guarantee. Carnival is no longer showing availability in this category so we may get an upgrade. Does anyone know for sure the number of days prior to the cruise that Carnival makes the assigment? Curiosity if killing this cat!It is entirely possible your stateroom has been assigned, you just don't know it yet ! And just because you see -0- availability in the stateroom you bought... DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL BE UPGRADED.... But one can always hope ! There is no specific time that a GTY stateroom is assigned it varies.

Thanks everyone.

And from what I understand, even if you have been assigned, it still could change before you get to the port???? I think that is correct.
That is correct.... I have had my stateroom assigned 1 week before we sailied only to be pleasantly surprised with a new stateroom assignment when checking in....To a SUITE when originally booked in a reg. balcony stateroom !

good info people. but how do they determine who gets a higher upgrade?? is there a system they go by??

Is it always best to pay off your cruise ASAP to get that upgrade??

The inventory control folks are the ones that make the decision as to who gets those upgrades and to what level...who, where and why is an unknown and cruiseline secret ! No concrete evidence that paying off a cruise early or on time will help to get an upgrade.

While assignments typically occur soon after final payment, we once did not have an assignment until we got to the pier.

Even when we called the morning of embarkation, Carnival's reps could not tell us our cabin number.

We learned our cabin number by getting a passenger manifest from a porter. If you look at the pier, there will be a place to go if you do not know your cabin number. The porter handed out a computer printout of all passengers, and we looked us up and found our cabin.

The manifest showed that it was printed overnight, so I have no idea why the Carnival rep could not tell us our cabin number that morning. I suspect it was because the guarantee inside we booked was assigned as an outside. They really do not like to do that so were probably trying to reassign the cabin to someone who paid for an OV cabin.

This may be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway. I booked at a Funsaver rate and picked my cabin number. Do they ever do upgrades in this situation? Or, is it only guaranteed rates that get upgraded?

Extremely rare in your case and getting more rare with the GTY bookings. The upsell diabla has replaced the upgrade fairy for the most part lately.

This may be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway. I booked at a Funsaver rate and picked my cabin number. Do they ever do upgrades in this situation? Or, is it only guaranteed rates that get upgraded?

If you picked your cabin, you're not booked Funsaver (FunSelect maybe?).

With funSaver you're guaranteed at least the the lowest level in that Category - some report getting higher level cabins, some don't.

The Past Guest rate often includes a several Category upgrade at time of booking.

ken

If you ARE booked FunSelect you have the "worst" of Carnival's rates.

Daily, Start using the Quick Search on the Home page and enter your Cruise parameters, then click on "Special Rates" and enter your State and select Past Guest and/or 55+ as appropriate. If nothing else, you're eligible for the Resident Rate for your state, if it is eventually offered.

The eventual Rates page will show which of those rates are being offered. If they are lower than your FunSelect rate and you are before final payment, you can switch to that rate. If they are lower and you are after final payment, call your booking agent and ask for an upgrade (no OBC after final payment).

ken

If you picked your cabin, you're not booked Funsaver (FunSelect maybe?).

With funSaver you're guaranteed at least the the lowest level in that Category - some report getting higher level cabins, some don't.

The Past Guest rate often includes a several Category upgrade at time of booking.

ken

My mistake...I meant to say Early Saver.

We booked an "early saver" cruise on Elation for Jan 15th, 2011 on August 10th, 2010 and received our room assignment within 72 hours. I know that may change between now and the cruise departure but, other than when we booked a specific room, that is the earliest we've ever received our room assignment.

Ok, I am rather disturbed because everyone is saying 60 or 45 days out you should see your cabin assignment.... we are now 37 days and still TBA!!! This is my first cruise and this is making me a little worried... anyone else have this happen???

We booked IS for our 10/10/10 trip (cool, just noticed that!!!). At 34 days out it was still TBA. Looked today (28 days out), and we now have our assignment, cat 4C. This is a trip my sister won, so we had no say-so in the booking other than the date.

Archived