Guarantee Cabin Assignment

grammyandpoppy

OK - we are 65 days out from our 10/22 Miracle cruise. We booked an 8I guarantee. Carnival is no longer showing availability in this category so we may get an upgrade. Does anyone know for sure the number of days prior to the cruise that Carnival makes the assigment? Curiosity if killing this cat!

Thanks everyone.

Did you do e-docs? You can look online and see if you've been assigned yet. We had booked an 8A guarantee on the Miracle last year and got assigned about 60 days out and ended up with an 8H. Loved the location there.

Have a great cruise whatever you end up with! I blame the Miracle for starting me on this cruise addiction I have now!

OK - we are 65 days out from our 10/22 Miracle cruise. We booked an 8I guarantee. Carnival is no longer showing availability in this category so we may get an upgrade. Does anyone know for sure the number of days prior to the cruise that Carnival makes the assigment? Curiosity if killing this cat!

Thanks everyone.

I am new here but I believe that I read somewhere that you should start to see your assignments 45 days out? Does that sound right everyone?:o I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!!!:D

I booked a guarantee about 63 days out and my cabin was assigned in a week or so. If you:

1. go to carnival.com

2. go to view cruise details

3. log in

4. under "your ship" click on "upgrade stateroom"

5. when the page comes up it will probably tell you that you can't do it but if you scroll down it will either tell you your cabin number or will say something like tba to be assigned

That way you can check your room without messing up your paper docs if you want them.

Thanks everyone.

After we paid off our cruise our cabin assignment showed up within about a week. We were upgraded from 8A to 8I extended balcony:D

Hi..

I have booked 4 time with carnival. 3 of them were GTY. All of the cabins were assigned about 50 days out. 2x got an upgrade, one time Booked an OV and got an OV.

Yes, they CAN change, but I have read numerous times once they are assigned, they seldom do. (Once all 3 of my cabins were assigned they never changed)

Yes, they CAN assign the cabin the day of sailing, and you find out when at the pier, but once again, I have read many times that this also does not happen often.

Thanks everyone.

If you booked a guranteed 8I, you will get and 8I. Just because it says the catagory is full, does not mean that there is no room for you. YOU are one of those people in the full catagory.

Of course, we are to the point that when we book, we CHOOSE our cabin then. We can know every walkway, and route to and from our room without being surprised. Plus we have a greater advantage of getting the cabin we want. If you wait to be assigned, and you have ov gurantee, it can be anywhere from port hole windows, to a suite. You don't know.

And yes, once a cabin is assigned, it can be changed. A friend of ours was to be on Deck 10, and got changed to Deck 8 and the cruise was still 5 months out. We choose our room, so unless someone needs a handicap room worse than I do, I know where my room is.

Thanks everyone.

I have seen them as far as 61 days out.

If the Cat. 8I Shows full, I would go into the Gifts and Services area and try to order someting, just plug in your Booking number and then plug in every 8I Cabin and see if your names come up. If not, then I would then start plugging the Cat.9a cabins after that, but wait until you are around 60 days out.

Fred

I have seen them as far as 61 days out.

If the Cat. 8I Shows full, I would go into the Gifts and Services area and try to order someting, just plug in your Booking number and then plug in every 8I Cabin and see if your names come up. If not, then I would then start plugging the Cat.9a cabins after that, but wait until you are around 60 days out.

Fred

Fred I dont think you even need to do that anymore. If you see TBA the cabin has not been assigned. Before you could not see the TBA if you booked thru a TA, they finally fixed it so you could see it, thank goodness.

Hi..

I have booked 4 time with carnival. 3 of them were GTY. All of the cabins were assigned about 50 days out. 2x got an upgrade, one time Booked an OV and got an OV.

Yes, they CAN change, but I have read numerous times once they are assigned, they seldom do. (Once all 3 of my cabins were assigned they never changed)

Yes, they CAN assign the cabin the day of sailing, and you find out when at the pier, but once again, I have read many times that this also does not happen often.

I booked a balcony guarantee for the Liberty 9/23 sailing - received my cabin assignment 47 days out (8A Upper deck) and yesterday it was changed (8B Empress deck). Only the second time in 5 guarantee bookings, 13 sailings.

I booked my 9/24 cruise as a OV Guarantee on 5/31, and religiously checked Carnival daily. About a month ago, I received my cabin assignment, an 8H balcony.

Thanks everyone.

I booked my 9/24 cruise as a OV Guarantee on 5/31, and religiously checked Carnival daily. About a month ago, I received my cabin assignment, an 8H balcony.

Nothing makes me smile more than a great upgrade!!! Congrats! :D

Three times we've booked a guarantee. Twice the room was assigned around the 45 day time frame and did not change. Once....it was assigned 45 days out, changed again three weeks before we left......then it was changed again when we arrived at the dock (started at a 4a inside and ended up with an oceanview on the Upper Deck). They had changed the room so late that when they took our sail and sign pictures they went on the wrong room......first time we got off the ship and returned they stopped me and asked me whos the picture that was (on my card)? I looked and it wasn't anyone I knew and my dh had the same thing - they had to retake our photos, we also had issues opening our cabin door at first - so I think it was a very last minute change. So yes, it can change at anytme unless you book a specific room.

Three times we've booked a guarantee. Twice the room was assigned around the 45 day time frame and did not change. Once....it was assigned 45 days out, changed again three weeks before we left......then it was changed again when we arrived at the dock (started at a 4a inside and ended up with an oceanview on the Upper Deck). They had changed the room so late that when they took our sail and sign pictures they went on the wrong room......first time we got off the ship and returned they stopped me and asked me whos the picture that was (on my card)? I looked and it wasn't anyone I knew and my dh had the same thing - they had to retake our photos, we also had issues opening our cabin door at first - so I think it was a very last minute change. So yes, it can change at anytme unless you book a specific room.

Wow. not THAT is a late change..Out of curiosity, how long did it take for your luggage to catch up with the right cabin?

Hi Buzya! We're on the same sailing and going with a fun group of 10. Join our Roll Call on the Roll Call boards!

• 3 years later...

Ok, I am rather disturbed because everyone is saying 60 or 45 days out you should see your cabin assignment.... we are now 37 days and still TBA!!! This is my first cruise and this is making me a little worried... anyone else have this happen???

Ok, I am rather disturbed because everyone is saying 60 or 45 days out you should see your cabin assignment.... we are now 37 days and still TBA!!! This is my first cruise and this is making me a little worried... anyone else have this happen???

this is a thread from 2007, that being said, you never know. They should have said it can be anytime from around final payment ... and you might not know until after you board the ship.

Archived