Orlando to Port Canaveral

Maybe this thread already exists, but here's my question:

What's the cheapest way to get from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral? (Please be specific with company/business names & rates).

Thanks so much! Right now it's looking pretty expensive! :(

For my 12/16 Disney cruise, I booked a one-way Budget car rental for just over 30.00. It's a compact as there are only 3 of us. Coming back I booked an intermediate car through Budget for a mere 35.00. The Budget office in Port Canaveral as a van that will take you to the ship check in. Sure beats the cost of transfers adn it's less than an hour driving time.

There's more info on http://www.dcltribute.com regarding transportation options to Port Canaveral.

A lot depends upon the number in your party. We are using Art's Shuttle. It is $55.00 one way for 3 people, an additional $10.00 pp above that. No hassle with rentals or RCL transfers.

Jim M

What normally is the RC transfers?? Bus?? What if you come in say 2 days early and have RC transfers.........same thing??
If memory serves me correctly they are $38 or $39. Yes a bus - and you will wait until it is full and you may wait for the bus. We waited at least an hour out in the sun at FLL last year for a transfer to Miami.

If you stay overnight in Orlando, you have to go back to the Airport to catch the RCI transfer. Art's Shuttle will pick you up right at the hotel.

Jim M

FYI - After posting this thread, I continued my research. I found a company called Mears Transportation that will shuttle you from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral round trip for $50 pp. Just thought I'd share, in case someone else had the same question! :D

FYI - After posting this thread, I continued my research. I found a company called Mears Transportation that will shuttle you from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral round trip for $50 pp. Just thought I'd share, in case someone else had the same question! :D

Mears is the same company that RCI uses for their transfers at $39 pp

Jim M

Twister, Carnival also uses Mears transportation in Florida. If the $39 is per person each way, then Art's is certainly more economical and efficient. I believe that price is round trip though. Their buses are very comfortable including a short movie to the Port. If you are going to arrive a day or so early and don't want the hassle of getting a rental car, Arts sounds like the best option.

Bon voyage

Just returned from the Mariner yesterday and we had booked a rental from Budget on our arrival day. The line for Budget at the airport was huge and they only had two people working at the counters. We stayed in Port Canaveral the night before the cruise and dropped off the rental at Budget at the port on departure day. Again another huge line and they only had two ladies working the office. We had to wait a while to get on the free shuttle to the cruise ship.

I would not recommend renting a car, at least from Budget. Research other forms of tranportation to the port. Good luck! :)

FYI - I just called Art's Shuttle for a quote. For a group of two, the shuttle is $110 pp round trip.

Twister23 -

I think it is worth calling their 800 number again. I believe that the $110 is round trip for the entire party of 2 (actually up to a total group size of 3).

Then an additional $20 RT for each additional person.

Jim M

We used Art's Shuttle a couple of weeks ago for $55 for our party of two each way. They picked us up promptly as scheduled at our Orlando hotel before our Mariner cruise. After the cruise, we did have to wait for another couple to get to the van for about 20 minutes after we were loaded and ready to go. It worked out fine, we were still at the airport 2+ hours before our flight out. Rental cars are a little bit less $ but we didn't want to hassle with the extra shuttle rides to and from the pier.

We just returned yesterday from Sovereign of the Seas and we used a Day rental with Budget. We were in and out of the Budget office in five minutes. One lady working behind the counter and 2 bus drivers. Total time from entering the door to walking on the gangway 15 minutes... Not too bad. We were at the pool with drink in hand one half hour after arriving at the ship. Going back wqe walked off the ship into a van and to the Budget counter and on our way to Orlando in about 20 minutes total. So needless to say I would suggest Budget.

Archived