Dunn's Falls

snoopy124

We have never been to Dunn's Falls. Do you need special shoes? Can you wear flip flops? I heard something about renting shoes. Is that true?

I was there this past Thursday.

Wear either water shoes or water sandles that have straps. Flip flobs will not do for climbing. Its one heck of a climb.

Not sure about renting shoes. Enjoy your climb up the falls.

Loved the Falls, it is pretty slippery on some of the climb. Wear water shoes. Bring your camera ,too as they will help you carry it up without getting it wet. AVOID the market on the way out, we were told to avoid it because they pressure you to buy, we went anyway, it was down right scary and they almost prevented us from leaving...Bring a towel, too

Don't wear flip-flops; the rocks are slippery and it's easy to hurt your feet on the rocks as well. I used tevas and got along fine; any water shoe will do, as long as they have good traction and won't slip on your feet. They do rent water shoes at the site. Some people use old tennies, but I hate the feel of them when wet.

I agree with skipping the market; very aggressive shop keepers. You can exit the falls without going into the market, I think (can't remember for sure) by turning left instead of going straightl

You will need WATER SOCKS, they need to fit snug or you may twist your ankle or worse. We were just at the falls last week and if you did not have them you had to rent them...YUK! Go to Walmart, etc.

Archived