Online checkin help, please

Ranch Cruiser

We are new to X-this is our 2nd cruise. We are sailing on Mercury 10/15/07 to Pac NW. When may we access the check in system? (We have made our final payment.) I have tried the system today, but I cannot get thru the steps. Is our dial up the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Denny

Denny, Hi:) I already did the On-Line Check in for our sailing.

Did you follow each step?

Sometimes the website can be funky but everything worked

for me! And no, dial up should not be preventing you from

checking in on line.

Up till about 3 months ago I had dial up and was still able

to check in on the net.

I had a problem completing the check in too. I called the Captain's Club and they said that the problem could be due to my having my pop-up control on.

As soon as I disabled it, the check-in process worked fine.

Hey there,

I too had trouble with the online check in. I called for help and was told it went inactive for 30 mintues after an error. So, if you experienced some sort of computer error or clicked on the wrong item, it would disable itself for 30 minutes and you will have to wait that long before trying again.

If I remember correctly, you have to go to "before you cruise" at the top of the page and then to "online check-in" on the left hand side of the next page. Then, you have to enter your reservation number, etc.

Hope this helps!

Did you make your reservation thru Celebrity or a private travel agent?

If you did not make your reservation thru Celebrity then you need to enter the resrvation confirmation number that your travel agent can give you. Then it will let you do check in.

Hope this helps.

I did our online check-in with no trouble...got our boarding pass. Later when I went back to confirm that we had Main seating, it told me that some items in "my profile" were incomplete. Got everything filled in again, but it won't accept my postal code...will take my DH's but not mine !!

I had phoned C Club and they said my reservation was fine...hope I don't get there and find out I 'm still not complete ! I printed out each page..just in case. This has been going on for 2 weeks now.

And they say computers make life easier !!!

Lee

i keep getting this message. It's been there for over 10 days now. Time to call X?

If you wish to provide embarkation information for a reservation not listed above, please enter the following information:

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

Wilcoam, I recently got a similar message. The explanation in my case appeared to be that I had shut off my computer at home without specifically logging off the X site, so when I tried to get in from my office the next day I got that message that my reservation was being modified.

Kman

i keep getting this message. It's been there for over 10 days now. Time to call X?

If you wish to provide embarkation information for a reservation not listed above, please enter the following information:

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

Pretty much every time I call up our reservation to take a look at excursions, I get that message. At that point I cannot look at anything. And I am the only one calling it up. :confused:

We are new to X-this is our 2nd cruise. We are sailing on Mercury 10/15/07 to Pac NW. When may we access the check in system? (We have made our final payment.) I have tried the system today, but I cannot get thru the steps. Is our dial up the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Denny

Hi Denny,

Just had this problem myself. Decided to call the "Hot-Line" for on'line check in problems. The number is 1-877-200-2897. Reached a really knowledgeable individual (and very helpful). Here's what I had to do to correct the problem:

Wait 30 minutes to time out (under "My Celebrity" I'd been getting the red alarm that the reservation was being modified). Then on the home page of Celebrity.com click on the "BEFORE YOU CRUISE" tab. Then on the left panel click on the "On-Line Check-in" tab. Enter your reservation number, last name, ship and sail date. It will take you right to where you need to be to print your Sea Pass.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise!

Kathy

I've had a problem with their website for over 6 weeks now. . .keep getting the "reservation being modified" comment. The first time I it happened, I was trying to look at shore excursions.

I called their online support, the gal told me my travel agent had signed in and forgot to sign out of my account. That was odd since my TA was out of town and had no access to our record. Two days later (after the TA came home), the same thing happened while I was in her office. She called, and we resolved the problem. I went home and could sign in.

That night, I couldn't sign in again, so I called X again. Same explanation. I almost lost it and told them what had gone on that day. Long wait on hold. Finally, a supervisor said that there was a glitch in *my* computer and to try another. Since I have 4 computers at the house and all 4 had the same problem, I doubted it was my computer.

Long story shortened a bit: There is a glitch in their software all of a sudden. You can get around certain things by doing as Kathy suggested.

In the meantime, pray they get their act together and figure out how to fix the problem.

Chris

It is easier to fill out the form with high speed. I had dial-up last year with a different provider than this year, and there certain areas that would not let me go to the next page, so I just went to internet explorer and fill the form out, instead of accessing it through the service provider. Then it work fine.

Archived