Define "M" Class?

jdarch

Hi All - I always see referrals to "M" class ships and I gather it means BIG, but haven't found a site that really explains it. Can anyone define this more clearly? What ships are typical M class? Thanks!

The "M" class ships are a group of four Celebrity ships, Millenium, Infinity, Constellation and Summit. They are larger and newer than the "C" class ships which preceded them. They have alternative dining and the Spa cafe which were originally not on the "C" class but which are now being incorporated during refits and are already on the Century. The "M" class ships have a pod propulsion system which has been a source of trouble occasionally resulting in cancelled ports and cancelled cruises. I have not sailed on "M" class, so others may add more to the discussion. I think CC cabins are larger on the "M" class too.

It's the same as those who refer to the Radiance class or Voyager class ships on RCCI. It's just a designation to tell passengers which ships are which. A class of ship means that all the ships in that class are sister ships which basically look the same.

It is not a generic term but is quickly becoming one. "M" is easier to say than any other type of term. It does come from the Millennium Class on Celebrity.

Many cruise lines have ships of a similar size, for one reason in particular - this is the largest size of ship that will fit through the Panama canal.

Archived