I'm back...review of Pacific Sun

relate2

Hi Robert! Enjoyed every word of your review :) Those photos are truly amazing!!! You could sell them to P&O for their next catalogue launch!!! Happy to hear you had a wonderful holiday. Hope you're feeling back to your old self soon health-wise!

large.jpg

The hallways and here is a tip if you have to go from one end of the ship to the other from your cabin, do it along the hallways. If you go up top first you get all confused as some of the levels do not go straight through and require you to go down or up a level to get past things like the kitchen, dining rooms etc.

84564583.jpg

Ahh my bed turned down every night, what luxury.:)

84564605.jpg

This is Ray our head waiter who was heading home at the end of our cruise to his wife and new born baby. He has been doing cruises for 8 years and was heading home for a long break and did not know if he would sign on again. They sign on for 10-12 month contracts and they don't go home during that time. They earn a good wage by their standards but by ours it is daylight robbery. I had heard that a newly appointed steward only gets $100/month.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. The formal dining nights were good, mainly for the women to get all dressed up though. Booking my next cruise, maybe next year when I get another bonus payment from the government.

Well that is about all from me, it has been a great ride, writing the review and reliving my cruise. I hope to see other people's photos and stories as the year progresses.

If anyone wants to know how to post their own photos all you have to do is post them up on the web then copy the url (the address in the address bar) then paste it into their message and .jpg to the end of the address and put this at the beginning of the address and this at the end

e.g. url address.jpg

Have fun everyone and enjoy your cruises.

Cheers

Robert

isn't it good when you get to the age where you do don't worry about what people think and just enjoy was pleases you regardless of fuddy duddies who sit on the beach tut tutting and being utter bores. :)

Hi Robert, I read somewhere that at 20 I worried about what people thought of me, at 40 I didn't care what people thought of me, at 60 I realised that people were not thinking of me at all :D . Thanks for the review.

Cooee_Kid, I love that saying and it is so true, if we only realised how little time people spend thinking about us we would not worry so much. :)

ladyoftherib, that is a shame about the bunk beds, never hurts to ask, maybe they can change cabins for you.

Hi Robert,

Great review and pleased you are feeling better again, hope you didn't have to care for your father while you were so sick.

We were 2 of the fortunate cruisers that sailed away the day you sailed in. Yes we had crappy weather, and lots of people were sea sick. By the end of the cruise, lots of people had chesty coughs (very noticable when at bingo!) Despite the weather we had a wonderful cruise. Day 2, I woke with a migraine, chucked twice and slept for 24 hours, when not chewing panadol! Woke day 3 feeling fine. Disaappointed I missed the first formal night though.:(

Regards,

Michele:)

Hi Michele,

I am glad you had a good cruise even despite the weather and the migraine. It really shows that to have a really good cruise all you need is the proper attitude and just enjoy the holiday.

Now we had the best weather except for one day and I heard people on the ship complaining about their cruise. Although I suspect that is just the way they do their normal life, not just their cruise life.

Cheers

Robert

I heard people on the ship complaining about their cruise. Although I suspect that is just the way they do their normal life, not just their cruise life.

Hi Robert, I heard a story once about an old man who was sitting beside the road between two villages. A couple came from the east travelling to the west, and stopped and asked the old man what the next village was like. The old man asked them what the village they came from was like, and they told him that it was a lovely village with lovely people and that they were so sad to leave. The old man said, I think that you will find the next village the same. Another couple came along, also travelling west and they also asked the old man what the next village was like. He asked, what was the last village like? They told him that it was terrible and they couldn't wait to leave. The old man said, I think that you will find the next village the same. Attitude is everything!

Archived