I'm back...review of Pacific Sun

relate2

... I put a few on Webshots but dont know how to put them on here. If you or someone else can help me I would be very happy. It needs to be in plain english as I am not good on the computer. Suexxx

Hi Sue

I think all you need to do is bring up your home page on webshots, *highlight the web address bar by left clicking on your mouse

*click on edit (at the top) and then on copy (in the drop down menu)

*come onto cc to post a reply

*click on edit again & then on paste (in the drop down menu)

Give it a go, you just might surrise yourself:)

Karen

Sorry people no update today, just came back from the Doctors and I am off to bed. Maybe Friday or Saturday for the next installment.

Thanks for the story so far Robert, I am on tenterhooks as to what will happen to the hero (you). As with all these adventure stories, the suspense is a killer but we all hope for, and expect, a happy ending. Keep up the great work and get well soon.

Sorry people no update today, just came back from the Doctors and I am off to bed. Maybe Friday or Saturday for the next installment.

Hi Robert, hope you're feeling a bit better now after hopefully a couple of days rest. Feel like giving us some more of your trip yet ? ;)

cheers

Vanessa

Hi Everyone,

I have just surfaced enough to let you know I am still alive but only just. I have really been knocked over by this flu.

Seriously people, it has been over 10 years since I have had the TRUE flu and believe, me next year I will be lining up with Dad to get my flu needle, I never wish to go through what I have been through this last week. When all of your joints and muscles are screaming out at you, your head is throbbing and a throat that feels as though someone is doing a fire walk down there it, is not a pretty place to be.

I will continue my update later but will let you know if you get any symptoms of the flu go straight to your Doctor. They have some new medication which will actually attack the influenza virus and stop it spreading throughout your body. It is expensive at $50 for 10 tablets and has to be taken within 48 hours of the first symptoms appearing to be really effective. I think I missed out by about 18 hours but I believe it has helped stop the infection from getting to my chest which is the real danger.

To save you all checking back all the time I would say it will be Monday or Tuesday at the earliest before I am back on track enough to post the rest of my review.

Thanks again for all of your kind words and will finish off next week.

Hi Everyone,

I have just surfaced enough to let you know I am still alive but only just. I have really been knocked over by this flu.

Seriously people, it has been over 10 years since I have had the TRUE flu and believe, me next year I will be lining up with Dad to get my flu needle, I never wish to go through what I have been through this last week. When all of your joints and muscles are screaming out at you, your head is throbbing and a throat that feels as though someone is doing a fire walk down there it, is not a pretty place to be.

I will continue my update later but will let you know if you get any symptoms of the flu go straight to your Doctor. They have some new medication which will actually attack the influenza virus and stop it spreading throughout your body. It is expensive at $50 for 10 tablets and has to be taken within 48 hours of the first symptoms appearing to be really effective. I think I missed out by about 18 hours but I believe it has helped stop the infection from getting to my chest which is the real danger.

To save you all checking back all the time I would say it will be Monday or Tuesday at the earliest before I am back on track enough to post the rest of my review.

Thanks again for all of your kind words and will finish off next week.

Hi Robert,

That's terrible, I also had the flu after I came back from my cruise,worst dose i had ever had.Hope you start to feel better soon.It takes a while to feel back on top of it:)

Deb

Sorry Robert I do sound so callous I realise your sick but have enjoyed reading it so much please except my apologies for just blurting out more please. Get well first then we'll have so more:) regards Elaine

Hi Everyone,

Well that is something that I do not wish to ever go through again. Now there is the flu and then there is the FLU. You know something is wrong when you are in bed fully clothed, ugg boots and all underneath your doona and still feel as though you are at the North Pole shivering like mad. Obviously I had a fever, very un-nerving.

Anyway all better now, well at least 95% better and on with the review.

Well Day three was greeted very lazily, after breakfast I watched a movie in my cabin. I must say again they had a good range of movies on the cruise. I tried Cha Cha lessons in the Atlantis lounge but kept on tripping up on my two left feet.

After lunch I signed up to play 500 in the library with a bit of apprehension as it had been 30 years since I had played. I was partnered with a very good card player and I asked her to be gentle with me and she was just great. Thankfully she was not precious at all about being partnered with a novice.

I had forgotten how much fun playing cards can be and had a most enjoyable afternoon. We ended up wining one game and the other couple winning one also. I will have to look into if there are any 500 clubs in Sydney now that I am back.

I also played Bingo today and really enjoyed the banter from Kevin the assistant cruise director, he is very good.

I had my first Afternoon tea in the Dining room today.......be careful people, the cakes and pastries are just beautiful and they keep coming and coming.....very dangerous for the waist line. :D

Had a very nice Dinner and spoilt myself with a port in the Piano bar before heading off to bed.

I didn't mention the port Numea as I did not go on any tours and just did a short walk around the immediate area where the ship was docked. I heard the typical stories about the locals not interested in you unless you speak French, I don't know why the French people do this.

I didn't hear anyone raving about their tours although a couple at my table went on a trip to an outlying island for some snorkeling, which they said was very nice although a bit expensive.

glad to hear your health has picked up, you were probably just so run down before you left, your poor body didnt know what to with itself when it got all that rest and pampering.

how is dad going, is he back with you yet. did he cope alright, sorry i am not sure about his condition or mental state.(plus i dont need to know)

Hi Robert

glad you on the mend , I have enjoyed your review, well done.

Now all you have to do is start to feel 100% better,and please keep going with your review, I am sure i'm not the only one who wants more.

Do you now think cruising is the best holiday or has the flu turned you off cruising?

Deb

Glad your feeling better, sounds like a nasty flu!!

Sounds like a relaxing time so far, what did you do all those nights shifts on the job if you were not playing 500's?? ha ha you must have been stationed in the city.........no down time there!!

Chez

xx

Well I had a full day yesterday from shopping to installing a new toilet cistern, maybe I wasn't as over the flu as I thought. Anyway feel better again this morning and am going to take it much easier today.

ladyoftherib there are some very good tips in the sticky at the top of the forum. One thing I would do is take a jumper or light coat to wear when going to some of the shows as the air conditioning is set very low sometimes. Also I did not take enough long trousers as shorts are not allowed in the dining room at any time, even for breakfast or afternoon tea.

cheznanday I spent most of my career at a 3 man station, where surprisingly at times, much busier than any city station I was at. When you work by yourself, there is not much time for playing cards. :D

Thanks everyone else for your good wishes.

So on with the review......

Today was the first Island Ovea. Nothing there but a long sandy beach and green moss floating in the water. Everyone at our dining table said at the end of the cruise that they would have preferred to bypass Ovea and spend two days at either Mystery Island or especially Isle of Pines.

A few people had bad experiences with the taxi (car) drivers. It is about a 2 kilometre walk from the wharf to the swimming area. Two girls at my table got very very sunburned as the taxi diver dropped them at a bridge about 5 kilometres down the other end of the beach, then tried to charge them $7 each instead of $3 for the privilege. They got burned walking back along the beach as they were intimidated by the men along the road.

Someone else who got dropped at the bridge also was asked to pay $40 to get back to the ship, which they declined. So all in all not a happy experience by all concerned.

I took my lilo out for the first time....note to self next time take a foot pump. :D I will say though it was soooo relaxing for me to lie on my lilo on the gently undulating waters. I tied myself to a dinghy floating at the beach so I would not float away. Luckily I heard the rattling of the anchor chain :eek: and woke up enough to stopped from being towed out to sea as the girl came back to the boat to head off.

By now I have settled into shipboard life and even though I brought 4 books with me to read I seem to spend my time each day going from meal to meal and just wandering and talking to people around the ship. It is surprising even though you are at sea and there is no scenery as such the mood of the ocean does change with the weather and is breathtaking at times.

medium.jpg

large.jpg

Robert, those pics are absolutely beautiful! I just love the sunsets on board, different every night, never got to see a sunrise:rolleyes: every cruise I say "Gonna be up early,see the sunrise then got to the gym" maybe next cruise;)

So sorry Ouvea wasnt nice the day you were there. When we went the water was stunning and clear, although the waves were quite big it was lovely, yes know what you mean about the walk and there is not much shelter on the beach, very few trees,

Chez

xx

Archived