Whats your Formal Ladies wear look like?

Matlily

I have brought a couple of dresses for formal nights and one is long and I am still up in the air, if I am going to wear it or not, do many wear long dresses or not? Please show me what you ladies wear to formal nights.

I have brought a couple of dresses for formal nights and one is long and I am still up in the air, if I am going to wear it or not, do many wear long dresses or not? Please show me what you ladies wear to formal nights.

I went with the wife and 4 ladies...here are our group photos

2673870780089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Misfit19.jpg

Misfit21.jpg

I have two for our next cruise, one of them from our last cruise. My black dress tea length, has a flowey skirt & a halter kinda top. I can't remember the material, I'm trying to visualize. I'm wearing it in my avatar. My second dress is from my brother's wedding. It's a red ball gown, full length. Here's a pic, but unfortunately it looks nothing like that on me! ;)

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=597&CatID=41304&CatTyp=lfs&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1283c87&ProdSeq=11&Cat=bridesmaids+dresses&Dep=women%27s&PCat=&PCatID=39906&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=34&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll%252Easpx&RefCatID=39906&RefDeptID=597&Page=99&CmCatId=EXTERNAL|MP|bridalshop|39906|41304

whatever you like, long ,short. I wear long skirts to dinner on casual nights and either short or past the knee cocktail dresses on formal nights.

Plenty of people wear long fancy dresses.

If you like it, wear it :D

If you like the way it looks and it feels good, WEAR it. I've done all the way to the floor and I've done short. I've done the sparklies and sequins and I've done the elegant subdued.

You will have the opportunity to get some awesome formal pictures! Wear it and enjoy!

For my cruises, I chose a traditional black dress which was tea length. And for my second dress, I wore a brown print tea length which I accessorized with a black shawl. The brown dress alone could go either way but when worn with the black shawl it dresses it up alot. Or you could go with a very dressey pants suit.

I've worn everything from floor length beaded, to short cocktail... here are a couple of group shots, to give you some ideas (although the first one isn't a great one, you get an idea on various lengths)

conquest37.jpg

071_71.jpg

groupmiracle.jpg

They all look great, I haven't worn a long dress in a while and wondered if cocktail would be more suitable, but judging from photos so far, I will be alright in my long black with a few sparkles here and there.

Would you wear the full length to the formal with the captains drinks or to the second formal?

Thanks for all your answers and I look forward to seeing any more photos you have. :)

Sue

They all look great, I haven't worn a long dress in a while and wondered if cocktail would be more suitable, but judging from photos so far, I will be alright in my long black with a few sparkles here and there.

Would you wear the full length to the formal with the captains drinks or to the second formal?

Thanks for all your answers and I look forward to seeing any more photos you have. :)

Sue

First formal night... it's always more dressy than the 2nd one :)

Sue

if it were me I'd wear the full length to the first formal (to me it's the more formal of the 2).................but I'm a guy....so I'd look out of place at either one. LOL My wife wears what seems to be her more formal on the first evening.

I usually wear cocktail length dresses. I have two Formal long dresses for black tie weddings/functions at home, but from my experience Carnival passengers level of dressiness varies. I wear what I'm comfortable with. I have my two most dressy cocktail dresses for the "formal" nights, and then summer/sun casual dresses and skirts for the rest of the dinners. (I like dressing up somewhat every night for dinner.)

I think that the first formal night with the captain's party is the dressier of the two formal nights. I would wear my more formal dress on that night! I hope that helps!

I love to people watch. I really notice what people are wearing. I saw someone that was wearing what appeared to be their wedding dress (from probably the 70's) to the captains cocktail party. Probably 25% of women go long. Most go "cocktail length" or "palazzo" pantsuits in velvet or sparkly. I only saw two or three "tuxes" last time for the men.

I love to people watch. I really notice what people are wearing. I saw someone that was wearing what appeared to be their wedding dress (from probably the 70's) to the captains cocktail party. Probably 25% of women go long. Most go "cocktail length" or "palazzo" pantsuits in velvet or sparkly. I only saw two or three "tuxes" last time for the men.

I've seen plenty in wedding dresses... one of the couples in our group got married on the ship, and they wore their wedding attire to formal night... they looked great :D But her dress was definitely not from the 70's :D LOL!!

I posted this in another thread just a minute ago... but I always give the guys in our group a lot of credit.... they always look so good, here are just a few of them :)

2721336410048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

On our last cruise, I wore a long black dress on the first formal night and carwash type pants/top on the second formal night. On our next cruise, I will likely do another long black dress on the first formal night, but I haven't quite decided what I will wear on the 2nd formal night yet.

It's not "on me", but these are my two formal night dresses. We're also making our own formal night and wearing our wedding duds to dinner! :) The black dress has a really pretty beaded pattern that is hard to see in the pictures.

Gownfront.jpgBlackDress-2.jpg

And just for fun, my 3rd formal dress!

WeddingDress-2.jpg

It's not "on me", but these are my two formal night dresses. We're also making our own formal night and wearing our wedding duds to dinner! :) The black dress has a really pretty beaded pattern that is hard to see in the pictures.

Gownfront.jpgBlackDress-2.jpg

And just for fun, my 3rd formal dress!

WeddingDress-2.jpg

They are all lovely, but I love your wedding dress the best, very pretty, love the sweetheart neckline, super cute. :)

I have seen lots of ladies in long formal gowns, many will also wear very dressy cocktail dresses. If you have a beautiful long gown...wear it!!

Payd:)

I am bringing 3 silk knee-length dresses in emerald green, peach with some brown sequins, and silvery gray. If I had a long sparkly dress I'd bring it since how many opportunities do I have to wear that? Last cruise I went on in high school I brought two of my prom dresses and they were covered in sparkles. I might bring my wedding dress to wear to get some more use out of it except it probably weighs more than the baggage limit for a suitcase!

Archived