Whats your Formal Ladies wear look like?

Matlily

Thanks guys - yeah i personally have done the long prom gown type dresses and wanted something a little more "cruisey". I bought this for a wedding and it cost $299 pre tax - so i needed a big excuse to wear it again!

Alll my bathing suit coverups / daytime outfits are dresses as well, most are trendy and cute - some with patterns and some without. It's the easiest way to go. Actually come to think of it, I am ONLY bringing dresses - one for every night of the cruise (some casual, mini's, long - all types!!) It makes everything very simple including packing!

I can't find a pic of my second formal night dress but it is also similar to this with a green and white leafy pattern.

Here's the dress I wore on my last cruise. Purchased at Lord & Taylor after Prom/Wedding Season two weeks prior to sailing. :D

FormalDinnerDeb.jpg?t=1187901043

Gorgeous dress!! LOVE the peridot color... and the shoes! Perfect for a cruise!!

beautiful dresses!

we're cruising in Dec.; thought i could wear my MOG dress (mother of groom). Kids had a Xmas wedding last year, i went with a long black stretchy tank dress; velveteen?; with matching jacket embossed in gold design/sparkly.

worried it might be too "hot" for western cruise?

2nd formal is tea length double layered with pink embroidered mini-butterflies & matching shawl, a georgette material.

Unsure of other nights though...last cruise (DCL) women dressed VERY casual - mostly capris & tank tops on non-formal nights; felt very overdressed:confused: .

Just picked up a cap sleeve gloria vanderbilt black/white print, so glad they're back out - such a flattering style. Taking it and slinky pantsuit/sexy camisole & a few dressy skirts & tops for other dinners.

Guess i'll pack some dressy capris too jik?

Here is mine!

I like this dress and was thinking about buying it for my GF (honestly I dont even know if thats a good idea, not to good on fashion) I think it looks cool and will make a good present where do you find it please email me at bad420dude@yahoo.com or post the place. I promise to not go on any cruises with you;) so dont worry.

They all look great, I haven't worn a long dress in a while and wondered if cocktail would be more suitable, but judging from photos so far, I will be alright in my long black with a few sparkles here and there.

Would you wear the full length to the formal with the captains drinks or to the second formal?

Thanks for all your answers and I look forward to seeing any more photos you have. :)

Sue

I wear my nicer dress to the Captains cocktail party & first formal night.

This last cuise, i worm my first full length gown with beading down the front on felt very comfy with lots of other women wearing long gowns also.

I have brought a couple of dresses for formal nights and one is long and I am still up in the air, if I am going to wear it or not, do many wear long dresses or not? Please show me what you ladies wear to formal nights.

I've worn long dresses on both cruises...to the two dinners and the Captain's Reception...I wore satin slacks and satin top on the last cruise.

Sorry don't know how to post a pic.

I like this dress and was thinking about buying it for my GF (honestly I dont even know if thats a good idea, not to good on fashion) I think it looks cool and will make a good present where do you find it please email me at bad420dude@yahoo.com or post the place. I promise to not go on any cruises with you;) so dont worry.

Hey - I bought it at Nordstroms - but they also have it in Neiman Marcus or Saks - you can try ebay. The Brand is Laundry by Shelli Seigal. It's very flattering...she will love it!! Good Luck!

Archived