Whats your Formal Ladies wear look like?

Matlily

I went with the wife and 4 ladies...here are our group photos

2673870780089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

I know it's international waters and all, but you're 4 over the legal limit. Through the extras back and give the rest of use a chance.;) :D

• Administrators

Fun thread! Thanks all for posting -- I LOVE formal wear with kilts; haven't seen one on a ship before so that was cool! I think pretty much anything that makes you feel "dressed to the 9's" is great for the ship -- tea length, floor length, ballgown style, it all works. I usually take one tea length sparkly black dress with a handkerchief hem, and my trusty long black velvet skirt with a sparkly top (a combination which has served me well on cruises for the last ten years -- <ponder> might be time to shop for a replacement top, but the skirt stays until the velvet looks motheaten! :) ).

I love the wedding gown, too, luvmytbear -- the little cap sleeves just make that dress -- I've seen your posts on the Weddings board, too; you will make a beautiful bride and have a marvelous trip, I just know it!

I found Carnival to be less formal than Princess and Royal . For our upcoming cruise I'm opting for cocktail dresses. They are easy to pack and don't take up a lot of space. I can wear the same shoes with both.

I think the important question to ask yourself is - would you rather feel over dressed or under dressed?

I have seen pretty much the whole spectrum worn on cruises, and I have also worn both short and long dresses. This cruise I'm going all out just because I looove to dress up and I don't have any cocktail dresses that aren't fancy. So I'm wearing my little sister's prom dress (which I seriously think will take its own suitcase and the bridesmaid dress for my upcoming sister's wedding. Their both really fancy, but I don't think anything is out of place at this point. In a couple years, this may change but I hope not!

m_50208f21f90cffc850b64db2a024031d.jpg my sister's prom dress

a659510577_745276_9688.jpg the Bridesmaid dress

I've worn everything from floor length beaded, to short cocktail... here are a couple of group shots, to give you some ideas (although the first one isn't a great one, you get an idea on various lengths)

conquest37.jpg

071_71.jpg

groupmiracle.jpg

Awww...you're so cute!

Though I have never been on a cruise I am going in September. For the captains party i am wearing the silver dress and the dark red one i am wearing on Thursday. For Wednesday and Friday i have a nice capri outfit and a nice pantsuit.

tn3_472728.jpg

10303C.jpg

WAY OVERBOARD, although you are smokin' hot!

:o I'd thank you for the compliment but that's a model in the picture, not me. I wish I was that good looking! ;) Perhaps a bit overboard, but we're getting married in Barbados while on the cruise and I want to get some good wear out of that dress!

I love the wedding gown, too, luvmytbear -- the little cap sleeves just make that dress -- I've seen your posts on the Weddings board, too; you will make a beautiful bride and have a marvelous trip, I just know it!

(Matlily, this applies to your response as well. I couldn't get the quote in for some reason!)

Thank you so much! Sometimes the negativity that runs rampant on this board gets me down and then a nice post like this comes along and I know why I stick around! :)

I know it's international waters and all, but you're 4 over the legal limit. Through the extras back and give the rest of us a chance.;) :D

Yeah, he's looking like quite the "Mack Daddy" there!

:o I'd thank you for the compliment but that's a model in the picture, not me. I wish I was that good looking! ;) Perhaps a bit overboard, but we're getting married in Barbados while on the cruise and I want to get some good wear out of that dress!

(Matlily, this applies to your response as well. I couldn't get the quote in for some reason!)

Thank you so much! Sometimes the negativity that runs rampant on this board gets me down and then a nice post like this comes along and I know why I stick around! :)

Yeah, he's looking like quite the "Mack Daddy" there!

Luvmytbear, your most welcome, wish the post would stay with all the action, but the gripers and stuff stay at the top.

All your dresses/Kilts look fab and keep them coming, I am definitely wearing my long one now. :D

Sue

j

simple, lightweight, and i'll actually wear it again. plus, i look hot.

did i mention it cost me less than $25? :D

Ssshhh don't tell anyone but the short one I am wearing for second formal, looks like a million bucks but was under $20! I love Ross and Marshalls, even my long one only cost $60 and I never thought I would say this but I brought it from Palais Royal!!!!!! I looked in Macy's Dillards and other dept store and couldn't find anything very flattering, I have the usual woman in their 40 problem that I can still just get in a size 10 but my tummy is a little larger than the rest of me! :eek: :D

I have brought a couple of dresses for formal nights and one is long and I am still up in the air, if I am going to wear it or not, do many wear long dresses or not? Please show me what you ladies wear to formal nights.

Here is the dress I found for Formal night....and shh don't tell anyone, but I got it on Ebay new with tags on for 12.00.

formal.jpg.5149ea291d57f4bdd717098b2e3a6b59.jpg

Archived