TMI (too much info)?

Volunton

clackey, can I sit at your table on your next cruise??? I don't even care if you follow the dress code! :p

KC, it would be an honor. I can't get anyone stirred up on my ROLL CALL thread (1 couple), so I have to chat here. I know there are more people going than 2 couples.

The one that gets me time after time is: we pull our kids out of school to go on a cruise because it's such a wonderful family time, it's the only time we can bond as a family. BTW, how many hours can we keep the kids in Camp Carnival, can they be in Camp Carnival while we eat dinner each evening and can we keep the kids on the ship while hubby and I go on shore excursions.

KC, it would be an honor. I can't get anyone stirred up on my ROLL CALL thread (1 couple), so I have to chat here. I know there are more people going than 2 couples.

Great! Now will you also pay for my cruise? :p

Can anyone tell me if I can get caesar salad without croutons?

This will definitely impact whether or not I stick with the NCL Sun for my next cruise.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Volunton, yes, that's definitely a deal-breaker. Stick to your guns on that one!

Personally, I will not even CONSIDER a cruiseline that provides inferior shampoo in the cabin. I mean, come on.

kitty9: Good one! You are officially added to the LOL list. :D

:rolleyes:

Being the spontaneous person that I am, I seldom know when, where, or why I do anything. It is a shame that we can't book a cruise 2 days before we are to leave. There is no telling where we would land.

And I will have a ball. My wife said that I can have a good time at a funeral. Hope that you can too.

I can so relate to the last minute thing.

Our first cruise was like that. Superstar Leo was coming to Sydney because of bthe SARS virus in Singapore. I happened to be on the internet at midnight on Friday night. I got an Email from my travel agent with a too good to miss opportunity.

Saturday morning I booked the cruise, Saturday afternoon we got confirmation. We left the next morning. Talk about rush. As we had never been on a cruise we didn't know anything. But it was actually great asw I didn't hve time to stress about anything. I know I would hve HAD to buy a formal dress. But I just made do with what I had.

Loved it. Now I'm back for more.

Volunton, yes, that's definitely a deal-breaker. Stick to your guns on that one!

Personally, I will not even CONSIDER a cruiseline that provides inferior shampoo in the cabin. I mean, come on.

kitty9: Good one! You are officially added to the LOL list. :D

Hey now :eek: I pay a lot of good money for my color enchancement (q. is that your hair color? a. of course it is :p ) I don't want it stripped out by mystery shampoo!

Hey now :eek: I pay a lot of good money for my color enchancement (q. is that your hair color? a. of course it is :p ) I don't want it stripped out by mystery shampoo!

Please don't get me started on hair. My wife has changed colors several times over the years. Last year she asked if her new tent was her natural color. Guys, what ever you do, don't tell her that if you go by the color of her roots, her natural color is gray.:eek: This is not a good experience and please take my advice. Don't, under any circumstance, make a comment on her hair. Lawyers are not cheap!

And while on the subject of hair, what happens to mens hair? I think that it gets senile because it forgets to grow on your head and instead grows out your ears and nose. I don't mean to be rude or distasteful, but I can grow a Hitler mustache with nostril hair.:(

This is where we differ. We don't have the opportunities to dine in REAL restaurants. Our seafood joints are Capt. D's and Long Johns. If you want a buffet you are in real trouble. Dining is one of the main reasons that we cruise. We love the pomp and formalities of fine dining because it is lacking here at home. And though the food may not be gourmet, it is definately several steps up from what we have locally. Here "Formal" means that you eat with your pants on and your teeth in.

clackey, come to the "Big City"! We have Red Lobster (but you'll have to put your teeth in, wear pants, AND shoes :D )!

I wish I'd known about this site before our first cruise. The cruise was FREE from DH's employer, but we had less than two weeks notice. I definitely could have used some help! I brought all the wrong clothes (nearly burned up!). Our Room Steward forgot to leave the Room Service menu in the cabin, so we didn't even know it was available until half way through the cruise :( . Because I'm "fluffy" I didn't even bring a swimsuit, thinking that people would be staring at me.

Some things I learned on our other cruise's, but I've learned a lot on CC, too :) !

clackey, come to the "Big City"! We have Red Lobster (but you'll have to put your teeth in, wear pants, AND shoes :D )!

Are we talking about Little Rock? I can go there. I have a concealed carry permit.:eek:

What color is the carpeting in my room on the Victory? My DW and I don't want to overlook her lingerie we throw on the floor from the balcony back into the room. We need a contrasting color.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Love this thread! So soothing compared to some others I've read lately (watch out for that Carnival board! You'll come out smoked from all the flamers! And that's just reading, not posting!)

I love this! I have been taking notes and now know some things to be sure not to miss on my first cruise. Don't think I can do them all - but am going to give it the Oregon Ducks try...

Esmo

While this may be the funniest thread I have read on CC, I have to go.

I am an Oklahoma Sooner fan and just know that Oregon guy has someone who is going to screw everything up like his replay judge did last year! LOL!!

Sorry, i can't contribute any funny anecdote since my first cruise isn't until next March.

I can't wait to see someone coming on the boat with a three ring binder of all the recommendations from everyone on the CC boards though!

I can't wait to see someone coming on the boat with a three ring binder of all the recommendations from everyone on the CC boards though!

No no! They're more subtle than that. You have to listen carefully for the "tsk tsk"-ing, and watch for the pursed-lip up-and-down onceover that they give you.

I am going to do my best to have fun and purposely make sure there is no question I am a first timer. My sister tells me I have an MBA in Marketing and a PhD in Smart Aleck (OK, she uses another word but you get the idea!) ;)

I have been scouring these boards and will come up with some good questions to ask on board so there is no doubt (like "why does it feel like we're moving?" )

Any other suggestions?

Yep, big time Sooner fan even though I have never set foot in Oklahoma in my life!

I have been scouring these boards and will come up with some good questions to ask on board so there is no doubt (like "why does it feel like we're moving?" )

The more puzzling thing is "I've been off the ship for 3 days -- why does it STILL feeling like we're moving?" :D

You have the right attitude about cruising, and you're going to have a blast, guaranteed!

Are we talking about Little Rock? I can go there. I have a concealed carry permit.:eek:

Good! You can protect us :D ! (BTW, congrats to Mt. Home High for the Ford Fund award!)

I always carry a binder :eek: . Since my memory isn't what it used to be, where else would I keep all the important things I've learned :rolleyes: ?

I think the Razorbacks can beat all the others :) .

Archived