? about Talkeetna Lodging

kelleya

Okay gang... we've decided not to do the Princess cruise tour and I'm now looking at other options.

There were a couple of Talkeetna properties that were recommended to us via a tour company and I'd like your opinions. They are Talkeetna Cabins, Chinook Wind Cabins. Do any of you have any experience with either of these properties?

Any other properties you would recommend other than the Princess Lodge?

Thanks!

We stayed at the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge - a very modern, rather new, moderate size hotel with an incredible view of the mountain if she is out. The room was nicely appointed, had a small refrigerator, and although it was expensive, we loved it there. They have a "mountain call" service - meaning they will call you whenever the mountain is out. She was out for about an hour while we were there, and had we not had the "mountain call" we probably would have missed seeing her.

We also stayed at the Talkeetna Lodge--two weeks ago. It was very nice. The rooms are spacious. There are two restaurants & a large lobby with a fireplace. We used the Shuttle to town & the railroad station--it runs every 15 minutes. Our rooms overlooked Denali & we were fortunate to have sunny days and an extraordinary view. I think the Princess Lodge is further away from Talkeetna so this Lodge is more convenient.

Archived