Opinion of Size of Ship and Length of Cruise

mrgame101

Hello. I just joined this site, and wish I knew about it before our first cruise in May. We went on the Legend. Tampa is really convenient for us being from Canada my gf's dad lives in St. Petes. We would do the same cruise again next year but we just do not have a week available.

The Inspiriation does the 5 day and I am looking into that but I am wondering if the size in ship is really that noticeable? We are also wondering if going from a 7 day to a 5 day makes a difference? We will still get a sea day which we did enjoy, but is 5 days really that short?

Thanks for any advice/opinions.

Last August I sailed on the Fantasy, a sister ship to the inspiration. It too was also a 5 day cruise. The size of the ship is big enough to have fun on and meet people from all over but not large enough where you meet someone and never see them again. I did get off the ship wishing I was on the ship a few more days but 5 days was good. I saw some nice ports, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. If you decide to do the 5 day on the inspiration you'll have lots of fun. Depending on where your going and when also might be a determining factor. My parents went on the inspiration out of tampa in feb 2006 and they loved it. They even said they liked it better than the one the went on with me in August. Hope this helps.

- Kelly

Last August I sailed on the Fantasy, a sister ship to the inspiration. It too was also a 5 day cruise. The size of the ship is big enough to have fun on and meet people from all over but not large enough where you meet someone and never see them again. I did get off the ship wishing I was on the ship a few more days but 5 days was good. I saw some nice ports, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. If you decide to do the 5 day on the inspiration you'll have lots of fun. Depending on where your going and when also might be a determining factor. My parents went on the inspiration out of tampa in feb 2006 and they loved it. They even said they liked it better than the one they went on with me in August. Hope this helps.

- Kelly

Thats our big dilema. We were not sure how we would like the first cruise and we loved it!! We have 2 weddings next summer and a week is not an option. We are also worried about the smaller ship, just wondering if it is like taking a giant step backwards.

Stepping down to a 5 day from a 7 day will be very noticeable. As far as the size of ship I happen to love the class that the Inspiration is. To me the only bad thing about them are the reduced number of balconies. I would sail one again in a heartbeat but none have 7 day itineraries right now.

If they would only add more balcony suites to the Fantasy clas....ahhhhh that would be great. We like the Conquest and Spirit class, but the Fantasy class was a nice, manageable size of ship. We plan to alternate ships....Fantasy, then Conquest/Spirit, Fantasy, and so on.

So if I understand the question, You are asking does size and length matter? ...... Well, from what I have been told, more then a few times, ....YES! YES! YES!

So if you have the choice, make sure you go with both size and length! It seems it is far better to have size and length then not have it!:cool:

So if I understand the question, You are asking does size and length matter? ...... Well, from what I have been told, more then a few times, ....YES! YES! YES!

So if you have the choice, make sure you go with both size and length! It seems it is far better to have size and length then not have it!:cool:

So... You would agree that 5 days would be too short???

I think 5 days is too short, also the ships the use are not as big as the ones for 7 days. I live in Tampa and when my mom sailed on the Imagination (5 days) she was very dissapointed after sailing on the Legend (7 days).

Of course, the ports, especialy Half moon cay are to die for, but I wouldn't sail on the Inspiration/Elation/Imagination after going on the Valor/Legend/Liberty, etc.

Every sunday we pass by Channelside and wave the Legend goodbye... and my friends always go: "Wow!". When the Imagination is there, we just look unimpressed.

I think Carnival uses its older ships to sail for 5, 3 and 4 days. Not only 7 days is better, but also the ships are newer and bigger....

BIG

LONG

LONG

It works for my choice of cruise as well as other 'things'

seriously, 5 days is just a tease. You are miserable when you get off the ship.

8 days is nice. Anything under 7 sucks....over 14 is best.

Did a 4 day with my Father because he wasn't sure about liking it or not.

It did seem too short for me after my 7 & 8 day cruises.

This being said... when you don't have a choice for time, ANY cruise will be GREAT!!!

As to the smaller ships, there is something to be said for them. I like the layout for walking around the ship, especially the tables for the Lido restaurant that are on the outside.

This time, we wanted one of the smaller ships, but they are only doing 4-5-6 day cruises. So, we booked a B2B 4 & 5 days respectively. 9 days total works well for me!!!;)

Well, size preference is definately a matter of opinion (ok,yall, focus,minds out of the gutter:eek: ). I prefer smaller,midsize SHIPS:D as it seems to be alot more personal and fun.

Also, the biggest complaint I have EVER had on a cruise was re the LARGE outdoor screens that are now located on the lido on the mega's. This is IMO the worst decision ever made be the cruise lines. Gone are the poolside bands(only played about an hour) and dancing! I must say, prior to cruising on a ship w a screen, I really thought I would have liked it. I imagined movies under the stars. Instead, you get cartoons/movies blaring all day long. Shame...

Luckily the Fantasy class ships have not incorperated these......YET...:cool:

Also, the biggest complaint I have EVER had on a cruise was re the LARGE outdoor screens that are now located on the lido on the mega's. This is IMO the worst decision ever made be the cruise lines.

I have to disagree. I LOVED MUTS - at night. I really didn't like watching the crap during the day but there were places that one could go to get away from it and still get some sun, bar service and a pool.

from cruzinstew:

Also, the biggest complaint I have EVER had on a cruise was re the LARGE outdoor screens that are now located on the lido on the mega's. This is IMO the worst decision ever made be the cruise lines.

Wow. I was thinking I would really like the big screen, but now that I see this post I realize I would hate to have cartoons playing all day by the pool! I do think I would like to see movies at night, though.

I was told it's not the size of the ship:cool: ...it's the motion of the ocean. ;) Was I lied too? :eek:

LOL that was going to say the same thing..:D

So instead I will go with it is not the size of the ship, but the experience of captain...;)

BIG

LONG

LONG

It works for my choice of cruise as well as other 'things'

seriously, 5 days is just a tease. You are miserable when you get off the ship.

8 days is nice. Anything under 7 sucks....over 14 is best.

U so BAD.:D

Big ship, small ship, all same to me. But I've got to the point where a 10 day seems too short.

Dan

Hey Gotta! I see that you have been on the Legend. I don't know why I was under the impression that it was a "mega"..While looking at ship stats yesterday, I realized that Carnival had 3 ships in the spirit class that are just my size (88k tons).

1.Did you enjot that ship?

2.I am assuming they are not cursed with the big sceens yet. Is that right?

from cruzinstew:

Wow. I was thinking I would really like the big screen, but now that I see this post I realize I would hate to have cartoons playing all day by the pool! I do think I would like to see movies at night, though.

I've sailed on Imagination twice. (another Fantasy class ship.) I just sailed on Pride ("Spirit" class) last week. Both ships are great. Imagination (and all other Fantasy class ships) are showing they're age now. The Pride is much larger, but the real advantage is that for her larger size, she carries only about 100-or-so more guests; resulting in a more roomy ship. I've been on 3000 guest ships and they can be a little crowded. The "fantasy" class ships are more than adequate for 5 days, but the "Spirit" class ships are in, well, another class. Having said that, if you take the 5 day, I'm sure you'll still have a great time.

It is not the size of the ship. It's how you sail it.:rolleyes:

cruzinstew: LOVE the SPIRIT class ships! (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle)They do seem roomier and less crowded. Also like the layout better than the Conquest class. And no, they do NOT have the big screens(YET).

Still have not had a wraparound balcony, but one of these days...;)

Archived