Sitka Raptor Tours includes???

shookdm

I'm booked on the Carnival Spirit, and have my heart set on seeing the Raptor Center. ANyone know if this means there's no way to see the Archangel dancers?

DMS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;9;1;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Carnival Spirit 9/1

You can walk to the raptor center, and your admission is good all day. We walked there, then walked back to catch the dancers. Be aware that the dancers are all female amateurs. Personally, I didn't enjoy it and thought it was hokey.

I hate to dispute something someone I don't know has said, but I think most people would disagree that you can walk to the Raptor Center....I guess anything is within walking distance but from the dock to the R Center is NOT within a distance I would walk espcially since its uphill! However, you can grab a city operated bus, I believe it was something like 5 bucks for the roundtrip.

Just my two cents....

Clay

It is a fair walk to the raptor center. The "shuttle" that goes around all day (on-and-off as you wish type thing) is inexpensive and makes a stop at Raptor Center at the bottom of their drive.. just a walk up the hill from there. You can see the sites in town walking but the all day shuttle pass is a bargain and IMHO a "must" on a rainy day.

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

We walked to the Raptor Center. It is up hill, it just depends on how much you like to walk. The shuttle sounds like a good idea.

We were lucky enough to get the center during a time when a vet was examining an anesthetized bald eagle. We were so close that if it weren't for the glass we could have touched it.

They were doing surgery on an eagle when we were there. he had injured wing.. fascinating.. and one of outdoor "residents" did this great "pose' that got me an award for the picture.. I even thought it was a postcardicon_wink.gif

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

I'm not in shape by any stretch of the imagination, and shame on me, I smoke, but I didn't have any problems walking there. We took the scenic route. Stopped by to see when the Russian dancers were going to perform, then through the forest on the way, so maybe that was less uphill?

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like the shuttle is probably our best option with my knees. Would like to hear if others agree that the dancers were a tad hokey.

DMS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;9;1;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Carnival Spirit 9/1

My husband walked to the Rapture Center last summer....not a problem. He absolutely loved it!!

He is not very happy that our initerary this summer does not include Sitka...specifically because of the Rapture Center. icon_wink.gif

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

Great info here,

quick ? - can you pick up tickets off the boat to see the Dancers as well as entrance to Raptor center? thanks very much,

Nancy

Sea Princess 2001

Victory 2001

Fascination 2002

Triumph 7/02

Explorer of the Seas 10/02

Serenade of the Seas 9/03

Constellation 12/13/03

Summit to West. Carib. 4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;04;26;7;00;00&timezone=EST-0500

Infinity to Alaska 9/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;09;11;7;00;00&timezone=EST-0500

Archived