LIVE from the Veendam/ALASKA

FlorenceItaly

Marie,

You haven't mentioned it, but aren't the beds on the Veendam, the most comfortable thing you ever slept in? Everyone on our cruise was commenting on the comfort. Maybe it was the chocolate on my pillow everynight that helped me sleep so well!

Hi ALL - Sorry I have been missing in action.....Just got home a bit ago. I did NOT stay the extra week, as I developed a condition and had to see the doctor for antibiotics while in Skagway, that is why I did not check in...headed straight to the dr after my tour. It was nothing contagious.

I'll spare you the details, LOL.

I DID take the Kenai Fjords trip, and it was indeed the highlight of the week.

The week was wonderful. I met lots of nice people, and had great tablemates...we are already planning a reunion cruise. More later, but I am headed for bed now, since I was flying all night.

Marc - All I know is the string group is called Champagne Strings. I did not talk to them personally. I'm sorry, I am not more helpful.

About the shows - I only saw one, but my tablemates gave all the shows thumbs up.

More later, I promise.

OH, and the dining room let one of my male tablemates in for dinner on casual night in JEANS. I told him it might be a no-no, and he asked, because he was going to change, and they said it was alright.

Marie

Hi ALL - Sorry I have been missing in action.....Just got home a bit ago. I did NOT stay the extra week, as I developed a condition and had to see the doctor for antibiotics while in Skagway, that is why I did not check in...headed straight to the dr after my tour. It was nothing contagious.

Sorry to hear that, Marie, but it doesn't seem to have marred your trip too much. There will be other chances to sail a B2B!

Hi Linda - I was not booked for a b2b but they made an incredible offer to stay on board the 2nd week...$299 inside, $399 outside, double occupancy! Plus $40 taxes....my solo rate would have been 150%, still a great rate. Had I not gotten a urinary tract infection, I may have, although, I am so happy to be home with my dh and ds. Not getting home until the 5th, and leaving on the 17th wouldn't have left much time home.

The reunion cruise we are talking about is meeting on the Carnival Conquest, first week of June. One of my tablemates, Dave(sweetest man, and jackpot bingo winner of $3400..could not have happened to a nicer guy) is planning on sailing then. He has been on 19 cruises, and the Conquest is his favorite.

I looked at the rates today, and they are high, so don't know if I will join them afterall as I already have 3 booked for 2005. They are people I will stay in touch with. I hung out with mainly Dave and another woman Joann, and we will definitely stay in touch.

I can not rave enough about the beauty of Alaska! Even my pictures don't do it justice.

Marie

Sean - I had a FABULOUS time. You are going to love ALASKA and the wonderful Veendam and her crew. I posted a small review entitled "MINI review of the Veendam, and random thoughts"....I think it fell to page 2 or more. Feel free to ask any questions. HAL did a fabulous time of matching me up with other solo cruisers at dinner.

Marie

Sean - I had a FABULOUS time. You are going to love ALASKA and the wonderful Veendam and her crew. I posted a small review entitled "MINI review of the Veendam, and random thoughts"....I think it fell to page 2 or more. Feel free to ask any questions. HAL did a fabulous time of matching me up with other solo cruisers at dinner.

Marie

Read your review, thanks for posting it.

Should be interesting to see who they match me up with. I usually pick a table, but this time I just requested one by a window and will let HAL sort out the rest.

Archived