Reservations...good and bad news....

harrodsfan

The good news is that our family booked a cruise on the Carribean Princess for December 30th.:)

The bad news is that Princess credited our deposit to someone else...

fortunately that person was honest and let Princess and us know...

We were able to change the deposit to our cabin.. Anyone else have this happen??

Just a word to the wise to double and triple check confirmation emails...

Oh my. I agree that most folks are honest and will let you know if they notice but what if you have a cabin that you really want and you and the other party don't notice before Princess cancels your reservation due to lack of deposit.:eek: I've never heard of this happening before and I don't think it happens very often so odds are my scenario won't happen either, but it could. We did get someone else's tickets once. Back in the days when Princess was still sending out tickets. We called their TA who didn't seem too worried about it. Told us to throw them away and she would re-order them. We took them along and dropped them off in their sail mail box so they could have a nice souvenir if they wanted.

I would have thought that, upon investigation, Princess would have realized who they accidently applied the deposit to. Though - I am glad people are honest.

I haven't had this happen with Princess but I did have a Sprint payment credited to someone else. Sprint eventually figured it out. Is that similiar :)

I once had a bank deposit credited to another account. When I called, they asked if I had the ATM receipt. I told them I had gone into the bank and gave the check to an actual person, but somehow lost the receipt (and I'm a major packrat so I was shocked I couldn't find it). I even said what day and almost exact time. They still did an ATM search. I went into the bank and talked to a customer service person there. Explained the whole story. Even had a copy of the check I deposited (it was from our joint account at another bank). It took a couple of trips to the bank and long waits until they finally found which account the money was deposited into.

Now I check the receipt to see that the amount's in there before I leave the bank. And I don't throw away the receipts for at least a year or so.

On the RCCL board there is a post indicating that his final payment was credited to someone else's cruise. Imagine if he hadn't caught the error! His cruise could have been canceled for lack of final payment when he really had made that payment.

That's too bad that Princess messed up, thankfully that person was honest!!

Hey, I think I'm on that cruise too!! Maybe we could even meet up on the cruise. :D

Any young men in your party?? I'm bringing along my 24-year old daughter. . . .:):):)

Archived