Dulles (IAD) to JFK on Jet Blue

S&B

Has anyone taken this flight from Washington, D.C. to JFK? I have found that Delta has a flight and Jet Blue but cannot find what kind of plane Jet Blue uses. Delta uses a small 36 seater. (I don't like these small planes)

We need to be at Egypt Air by 3:00 p.m. at JFK.

Thanks alot.

You won't know until you checkout on Jetblue's website but for a flight that takes less than an hour, it will probably be the 100 seat Embraer ERJ-190. I have flown 70 seat Embraer's before and they are nice.

I would also look at flights from DCA, it's only 30 minute drive from Dulles (not during rush hour though.)

btw...they are renovating jb's terminal at jfk....the reg jets land in the temporary, old TWA terminal..you will think you landed in antarctica...CCCCOOOLLLLLDDDDDDDD!

not much around...then you walk out, and get onto a bus then up a circular hill into the other terminal......at least that's what i did....didn't take long, just a bit of a PITA......

for other jfk info check out the port authority;s website...

http://www.panynj.com

JB uses the smaller regional jets from iad to jfk.....

That's slightly misleading.

Smaller regional jets are usually 50-ish seater ERJ-145 (or smaller) with 1-2 seating configuration. Jetblue don't have any of these aircraft.

btw...they are renovating jb's terminal at jfk....the reg jets land in the temporary, old TWA terminal..you will think you landed in antarctica...CCCCOOOLLLLLDDDDDDDD!

not much around...then you walk out, and get onto a bus then up a circular hill into the other terminal......at least that's what i did....didn't take long, just a bit of a PITA......

for other jfk info check out the port authority;s website...

www.panynj.com

Can you please offer more information on this? My husband has decided he wants to try Jet Blue from Syracuse to FLL for our April 2008 cruise. When looking into this I saw that JetBlue flies into JFK for their non-stop flights. Egads this was the one airport I really don't care to visit again but if we choose Jet Blue we'd have no choice unless a direct flight is available. I'm trying to understand what you have posted ...you flew on Jet Blue to a temporary terminal and had to get off the plane and onto a bus?? Did you have to go through security again? Is this normal for Jet Blue to have to bus it's passengers to another terminal? Since Jet Blue's flights aren't open for April 2008 yet this gives me plenty of time to make sure I know what I'm getting into if I book a flight that goes into JFK.

That's slightly misleading.

Smaller regional jets are usually 50-ish seater ERJ-145 (or smaller) with 1-2 seating configuration. Jetblue don't have any of these aircraft.

Sorry, jeez-we can't all be aircraft configuration scholars for every plane in the world!

Can you please offer more information on this? My husband has decided he wants to try Jet Blue from Syracuse to FLL for our April 2008 cruise. When looking into this I saw that JetBlue flies into JFK for their non-stop flights. Egads this was the one airport I really don't care to visit again but if we choose Jet Blue we'd have no choice unless a direct flight is available. I'm trying to understand what you have posted ...you flew on Jet Blue to a temporary terminal and had to get off the plane and onto a bus?? Did you have to go through security again? Is this normal for Jet Blue to have to bus it's passengers to another terminal? Since Jet Blue's flights aren't open for April 2008 yet this gives me plenty of time to make sure I know what I'm getting into if I book a flight that goes into JFK.

No security twice...you're still on the airside.....

JB is, I believe, adding gates and facilities to their terminal area.....keep in mind JFK is always renovating and doing construction.....We got off the plane, used the jetway to get into the terminal then walked thru the gate area down a ramp and onto a bus.....it's a short trip (but I didn't see many, if any seats), then got out, walked up a circular ramp thinng into the 'main' JB terminal.......they will still be renovating in April I would think (sutff moves ssslllloooowww-job security ya know??!! :-)

Honestly, I never wanted to use JFK but once, the flight I needed to SJU was less than half of what it was anyplace else and that was also including the airport shuttle from my town. ALso, it wasn't bad getting into the terminal.

It really isn't all that bad if you don't mind a little inconvenience.....JB is a really great airline!

hth...email me if you have any more ???sss megtravels@yahoo.com

ps, i just peeked at their schedule (random dates since yours aren't open yet...they have 1 NO from syracuse to fll)

When looking into this I saw that JetBlue flies into JFK for their non-stop flights.

Dunno when JetBlue plans on stopping the non-stops to FLL, but they have one daily non-stop between SYR and FLL on an E190, leaves SYR in the early afternoon if I recall.

So you may be able to skip the JFK transfer all together.

Sorry, jeez-we can't all be aircraft configuration scholars for every plane in the world!
Nothing to do with configuration - I think what fbgd was trying to do was to prevent anyone misunderstanding whether you meant an aircraft of the size that jetBlue actually flies, or aircraft half that size (with which some people have some difficulties).

Archived