All past R ships - now how do they differ?

chrismch

Azamara, Oceania & Princess all picked up the Renaissance cruise ships. My question is how do the services differ with each lines on what was once the same ship category?

I've only sailed on the Tahitian Princess which we loved for the beatiful teak woods and elegance in the style of the ship. The Tahitian still had their 2 specialty restaurants as well as casual dining the the main dining room. It was like sailing in a lovely boutique hotel. How does this compare with Azamara?

The Journey and Quest both have the two specialty resturants.

They both hacve open seating at dinner. As for casual I do not know.

The ships are very elegant inside from the front pool - bubble to the rear lounge and specialty resturant overlook the wake of the ship.

And the main dining area so you can look out at night.

The interiors are a lot different than the Zenith and Horizon - and any other Celebrity ship. They will soon break away from Celebrity to be the up scale cruise expirence for the RCCL group.

Three of the ships were built with standard oceanview cabins, rather than minisuites, on deck 8.

They are the two Azamara ships and the Royal Princess. Azamara chose to remove the standard cabins on deck 8 and put in minisuites. Royal Princess remains as built.

The other five (Tahitian Princess, Pacific Princess, Oceania's Nautica, Insignia, and Regatta) are virtually identical.

Princess added restrooms behind the lounge on deck 10 to Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess, but I don't believe they did to Royal Princess.

I've been on three of the eight (Pacific Princess, Nautica and Regatta) and think they are neat ships.

Three of the ships were built with standard oceanview cabins, rather than minisuites, on deck 8.

They are the two Azamara ships and the Royal Princess. Azamara chose to remove the standard cabins on deck 8 and put in minisuites. Royal Princess remains as built.

The other five (Tahitian Princess, Pacific Princess, Oceania's Nautica, Insignia, and Regatta) are virtually identical.

Princess added restrooms behind the lounge on deck 10 to Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess, but I don't believe they did to Royal Princess.

I've been on three of the eight (Pacific Princess, Nautica and Regatta) and think they are neat ships.

Druke as far as I know Azamara only changed half of deck 8..I will check and let you all know while on board..I will try to write daily!

4 days to go...

Jan

Jan,

You are correct. We had one of the Sky Suites (mini-suites) and down the hall (there was a change in carpet color but I think it might have been because at that point they hadn't finished replacing all of the carpet - could be wrong about this), there were regular balcony cabins.

Druke as far as I know Azamara only changed half of deck 8..I will check and let you all know while on board..I will try to write daily!

4 days to go...

Jan

You are correct. Deck 8 is split evenly between Sky Suites and 1A verandah staterooms, with a couple of larger suites, sunset verandah staterooms and insides also on the deck.

Archived