one final question guys!!

I noticed in roberts review he said that shorts cannot be worn in dining room for breakfast and lunch! And does this infact mean that you must go back to your cabin and change into longs everytime you want to enter the dining room. I can understand no shorts at dinner time, but the last time i cruised on the sky there was no problem wearing shorts at breakfast and lunch, can someone please confirm this is correct cheers guys only 5 more days yipeeeeeeeee:D :D :D

I noticed in roberts review he said that shorts cannot be worn in dining room for breakfast and lunch! And does this infact mean that you must go back to your cabin and change into longs everytime you want to enter the dining room. I can understand no shorts at dinner time, but the last time i cruised on the sky there was no problem wearing shorts at breakfast and lunch, can someone please confirm this is correct cheers guys only 5 more days yipeeeeeeeee:D :D :D

Wear what ever you want to brekky an lunch, only dinner is restricted to long pants in the dining room!!:)

Chez

xx

I was suprised about Robert's comment about shorts in the dining room at Breakfast/afternoon tea, I've not experienced that on any previous cruises - only restriction I was aware of during the day was no bare feet in the dining rooms etc.

thanks for asking the question aussiescouser. I had meant to ask the same thing after reading Robert's review. So shorts are ok breakky and lunch but long pants or jeans at dinner. No jeans, preferably, for formal night ?

cheers

Vanessa

Vanessa, this is what my hubby wore, (typical Aussie:rolleyes: )

Boardshorts/denim shorts during the day with Tshirt (not collared) to brekky/lunch and dinner at night he wore jeans and collared polo type shirt, except formal night when he wore dress pants, shirt and tie, and he looked very handsome:p

Now, breathe deep.......

Chez

xx

My husband wore shorts to breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea every day without a problem on the Star in January/February.

He did get asked to change into long pants when he tried to go into the dining room at night one evening (it was the evening we were in Noumea and we had just run back onto the ship just in time to get to dinner. The kids and I were allowed into the dining room in shorts, but he wasn't!! Go figure!!!)

(And believe me ... he looks a lot better in shorts than I do!!!!:D )

Vanessa, this is what my hubby wore, (typical Aussie:rolleyes: )

Boardshorts/denim shorts during the day with Tshirt (not collared) to brekky/lunch and dinner at night he wore jeans and collared polo type shirt, except formal night when he wore dress pants, shirt and tie, and he looked very handsome:p

Now, breathe deep.......

Chez

xx

Thanks Chez, yep...I think I'll up the medication for the next couple of days...:confused: Either that, or I'll will have to stop myself coming here !!:eek: I think I've over informed myself !!....maybe I don't have to go now at all ??? Be still you albatross flapping in my belly :o

cheers

Vanessa

Thanks Chez, yep...I think I'll up the medication for the next couple of days...:confused: Either that, or I'll will have to stop myself coming here !!:eek: I think I've over informed myself !!....maybe I don't have to go now at all ??? Be still you albatross flapping in my belly :o

cheers

Vanessa

Stop coming here??

Yeah right Vanessa, see ya again tomorrow

Cheers

Geoff

Stop coming here??

Yeah right Vanessa, see ya again tomorrow

Cheers

Geoff

DOH ! Am I so predictable ??? At least I made the bed and hung out a load of washing first this morning ! Usually I sit here in my flannies with my toast and tea ;) and then run around like a mad thing after to make it look like I've been hard at the housework all day..oopss !!:eek:

cheers

Vanessa

DOH ! Am I so predictable ??? At least I made the bed and hung out a load of washing first this morning ! Usually I sit here in my flannies with my toast and tea ;) and then run around like a mad thing after to make it look like I've been hard at the housework all day..oopss !!:eek:

cheers

Vanessa

Know that feeling Vanessa. I've just hung my washing out that I did first thing this morning. And here I am typing away & I have to leave for work in an hour:eek: . Better get a move on I think:rolleyes: .

Karen

Hey Karmac i see you live in Liverpool... I grew up and lived in Campbelltown until i was 20... small world ;)

My sister lives in Campbelltown......Rosemeadow to be exact. It is indeed a small world. Discovered the other day that "i love cruising" and myself were on the same Fairstar cruise in 1986.

Karen

Once on the Sky MrMinx was asked to change his clothes at breakfast! He was wearing boarshorts and a sleeveless t-shirt with either thongs or reef shoes and a cap. The waiter at the door would not let him in the dining room until he had changed his shoes and shirt :eek: Fair enough for dinner but this was breakfast! Our plan was to throw down some food then jump on a tender to spend the day on the island. I don't think it's really fair to make the guys change thier shirts and shoes (or shorts for that matter) for breakfast or lunch. But it was a once off thing and we cruised on the Sky (with mostly all the same waiters) 3 times. I guess it just depends on who's at the door and how strict they are? The 2 formal nights on our last cruise, one of the guys at our table turned up in 3/4 denim shorts and a black t-shirt and no one said anything to him about it! Actually, that's what he wore every night LOL :p

I love the degrees of separation on this site....

I live near I_Love_Crusing and Swift Sport Cruiser :p

We also cruised with the same family twice (not together though, purely conincidence).

On our 1st & 2nd cruises we had the same cabin steward AND she remembered us :) It was actually her that asked us if we'd cruised with us before :)

It really is a small little world!

i think you will find it is more the footwear that they worry about in the dining rooms at breakfast and lunch..imagine the lawsuit (and channel 7 report) if you came off the ship with a big fork stuck in your foot!! LOL!!

I love the degrees of separation on this site....Chardonnaykmw and I both grew up in the same area in Perth and I went to school with her cousin.

On the same cruise at Easter, when we did the bridge tour, I ran into a lady that was in the navy with the woman who had an affair with my husband!! She had some stories to tell too!!

Vanessa,

I was in my pooh bear pj's this morning, sitting here on the computer, when I realised I only had half an hour to get to work!!:eek: I am gonna have withdrawal symptoms on my cruise!! And again..I am home for lunch and look where I am!!

Can we get a patch to help wean us off Cruise critic??:p

Kaz

LOL Kaz ! I think we need a support group to wean ourselves off of the support group :eek: :confused:

only 22 days for you - goes by in a blink doesn't it !! Crikey, better start packing soon. Stop tempting me back here !!!

ooopss still here :o

On the same cruise at Easter, when we did the bridge tour, I ran into a lady that was in the navy with the woman who had an affair with my husband!! She had some stories to tell too!!

Kaz

Kaz, thats too smaller world isn't it:eek: Ah, you don't want to spoil your cruise listening to it all, out with the old........

When I met The fox (col n di) at the Meeting of the Queens, he lives in Quakers Hill where I grew up, I moved to Penrith when I got married and he grew up in Penrith!! and he and Di had just come back from Port where I live now, but it doesnt end there, he has been an email buddy with Karmac for a while, and was staying at the Ibis that night where Geri and I had originally booked, (we still think he took OUR room!!)

As for being addicted, I admit, I am:), nothing gets done here some days!!

Chez

xx

i think you will find it is more the footwear that they worry about in the dining rooms at breakfast and lunch..imagine the lawsuit (and channel 7 report) if you came off the ship with a big fork stuck in your foot!! LOL!! ..........

Kaz

They now have RSA certificates. I guess they will also need RFC's now as well! (Responsible Forking Certificates) ;)

Cheers

Archived