How to get from London to Southampton?

coop2

Your advice needed!!

The usual choices, either a private transfer or cruise line transfer by road or the train from Waterloo to Southampton. I did the reverse journey in June this year after a transatlantic crossing on the QM2 and chose the train option, short cab ride from the pier to the station then train up to Waterloo. Train journey time is 1 hour 20 mins. If choosing the road option journey time especially on a week day would be considerably longer as traffic is really heavy on that route. Weekends would be less congested.

Anne

Hi,

I rencently took National Express Coach from Heathrow to Southampton. It was wonderful!! Cost 38 £ for two people, round trip. We had two large bags 31" tall and weighed around 65 lbs each. The bus drived took our luggage and stored it under the bus and removed it for us upon our arrival which took around 1 1/2 hours. We arrived and went through customs in 30 minutes flat. We arrived earlier than I anticipated, since there was room on the bus the driver permitted us to board the bus without changing our ticket. Very professional, and I recommend using National Express Coach. Good Luck and have a good trip. Chantal

Archived