Summit Celebrity Suite vs. Sky Suite

PainMD

My wife and I are booked in suite 9096 for the 10/26/07 Summit cruise to Hawaii. We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, all the other CS are booked:( . I had the opportunity to take a CS on the Penthouse deck but chose to be closer to the pool and sports deck for convenience. Also, I was told that the CS on the Penthouse deck has an obstructed view whereas 9096 doesn't. There is still a Sky Suite available on the Penthouse deck. Should I switch or stay in the CS? I have read that this particular suite is very noisy. Any advice would be much appreciated:) .

My wife and I are booked in suite 9096 for the 10/26/07 Summit cruise to Hawaii. We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, all the other CS are booked:( . I had the opportunity to take a CS on the Penthouse deck but chose to be closer to the pool and sports deck for convenience. Also, I was told that the CS on the Penthouse deck has an obstructed view whereas 9096 doesn't. There is still a Sky Suite available on the Penthouse deck. Should I switch or stay in the CS? I have read that this particular suite is very noisy. Any advice would be much appreciated:) .

You don't need me to give you my answer twice - I'm a talker and you'd end up pulling out all your hair!;) I posted on your other thread.

Let me know if you have any questions - I'll help all I can.

Happy cruising!

Denise

Thanks Denise, but I'm torn over what to do. I have probably a day to decide before all the Sky Suites are sold out too. It's our 20th wedding anniversary and I'm surprising my wife with this cruise. I want it to be very special. I think I'm going to switch to the Sky Suite. Am I making th right decision??? I hope so.:confused:

Thanks Denise, but I'm torn over what to do. I have probably a day to decide before all the Sky Suites are sold out too. It's our 20th wedding anniversary and I'm surprising my wife with this cruise. I want it to be very special. I think I'm going to switch to the Sky Suite. Am I making th right decision??? I hope so.:confused:

I think so!!! I'm a wife - so.... We're presently booked in a RS for the carib. We could have booked a CS (and saved $$$) but the balcony was important to us for the tropics. I think the SS will give you the romance needed for such a special cruise. You'll love the balcony and the size of the room. I always point out to my husband that the bed facing the balcony seems romantic. Without knowing you or your wife it's difficult to help, but... If my husband were surprising me with a romantic 2 week cruise to paradise? I would LOVE a Sky Suite!!! Save the CS for another cruise. If you still have doubts consider this - if you were flying to Hawaii, would you get a hotel room with beautiful floor to ceiling windows, or would you get a room with a magical verandah? You know my vote! Finally, let me point out that no matter which cabin you choose...WONDERFUL! ROMANTIC!! FANTASTIC GIFT!!! Will you please talk to my husband?;) Let me know what you decide...I'm nosy!:o

Denise

PS - Happy 20th!!!!

PainMD - I looked up your proposed cabin - SS-6127. It looks like a nice location. We had no noise issues on deck 6 and the elevator/stairs shouldn't create a noise problem for you. I always figure cruise lines don't put the most expensive cabins where there's a problem, and SS-6127 is right by the RS's and PH's. Your wife will LOVE it!:) Enjoy!

Denise

Just did it!! I am now booked in SS #8121 for the 10/26/07 Summit cruise to Hawaii!! Hope I made the right decision. Plus, as a bonus I am getting a $1400 refund from Celebrity. I can use that money for some shore excursions.:D

Just did it!! I am now booked in SS #8121 for the 10/26/07 Summit cruise to Hawaii!! Hope I made the right decision. Plus, as a bonus I am getting a $1400 refund from Celebrity. I can use that money for some shore excursions.:D

Great!!! What a wonderful gift! I'm sure you made the right decision. (But, I feel, for the benefit of wives everywhere, you should spend the $1400 refund in a jewelry store. Just kidding.;););)) Ahhh. A romantic husband... I hope you have a fantastic cruise/Anniversary!

Happy cruising!

Denise

Just be aware that 8121 is a wheelchair accessible cabin and as such will have a slightly larger bathroom with a roll in shower and no tub. It's also next to the public elevator. I haven't stayed in that cabin, but have read reports that those in the elevator can look onto your balcony if they wish. Knowing this, personally I would choose 6127.

Phil

Hi PainMD

I know how you felt canceling 9096, however, if noise bothers you, then you did the right thing. We had that suite once and although we loved the suite itself (and did not even miss the balcony because of the large living room and those floor to ceiling windows), we would hesitate to book it again. It was indeed quite noisy. Have a great cruise!!!

Hey! My mother, sister and I will be on that same sailing. We are in CC 9067. Not sure about noise from deck above but we were so happy to get a room with a balcony we didn't care where it was. We are looking forward to the long days at sea.

I have stayed in a sky suite and really found it to be nicer than the other rooms. I agree that there is something very romantic about the bed facing the window.

Maybe we will run into you. Will you be the one with the hula skirt on your head at the luau? :D

Kris

Maywood and PainMD, there is a roll call for this cruise. We would like you to join us and join in our conversations. If you click on the link under my name, you'll see many of us who will be on this cruise.

We'll see you maybe in San Diego if you get the there day before.

I love a suite as much as anyone but on that particular cruise I would be seriously tempted to take the FV guarantee....sure there is no butler, but oversized aft cabin with oversized balcony....ahhhh.

if there is a FV guarantee on this sailing, Absolutely i would take it. The worst, and FV (which is fantastic) the best you would get, SS,CS,or RS..........heck yea!

Archived