Aft or mid ship?

carnival pirate

I am sending my parents on a European cruise for their 45th anniversary next year on the Splendor. I am going to put them in a balcony cabin, but I wanted opinions on whether people like the very back of the ship, or mid ship better. This is going to be their first cruise and I want to make it really special for them. I've been on 3 cruises, but I've never had a balcony, so I'm torn between which is going to be better for them. I think I would rather have one of the aft cabins, but I was hoping for some good feed back.

Yup, I agree with Peto.....the lowest deck that they have the balconies on and midship. that's where we were this last cruise and on the one rough day we had it was definitely not as bad midship as it was by the bow of the ship.

I am sending my parents on a European cruise for their 45th anniversary next year on the Splendor.

carnival pirate... I want to applaud you for what you are doing!!!!

Your parents have been blessed to have a daughter/son who loves them and cares for them so much!

Since this is their first cruise.... Guess what....

midship, aft...

It really doesn't matter. They will have a wonderful time enjoying their trip and sharing together what a wonderful child they have!

We are your parent's age or perhaps a little older. We have always booked an aft cabin as we find the hallways to be much quieter. We prefer a cabin close to the aft elevators to minimise the walking. We also prefer to be one deck down from the Lido for the convenience. In six cruises we have never been bothered by either noise or motion in this location. Unless they are extremely light sleepers I doubt they would have a problem

carnival pirate... I want to applaud you for what you are doing!!!!

Your parents have been blessed to have a daughter/son who loves them and cares for them so much!

Since this is their first cruise.... Guess what....

midship, aft...

It really doesn't matter. They will have a wonderful time enjoying their trip and sharing together what a wonderful child they have!

Thanks so much! They've been great parents and they deserve it. Plus, my dad has always wanted to go St. Petersburg, but now that they are on a limited income, I don't see them being able to ever do that. They did go on a small river cruise and neither of them had any issues with sea sickness, so I'm not worried about that. I'm also hoping that all of us will be able to go on a shorter cruise some time before they leave on this one, so they can get their feet wet.

I am sending my parents on a European cruise for their 45th anniversary next year on the Splendor. I am going to put them in a balcony cabin, but I wanted opinions on whether people like the very back of the ship, or mid ship better. This is going to be their first cruise and I want to make it really special for them. I've been on 3 cruises, but I've never had a balcony, so I'm torn between which is going to be better for them. I think I would rather have one of the aft cabins, but I was hoping for some good feed back.

I prefer aft. If you can get the very back of the ship so much the better. There are aft elevators on Carnival ships and it's close to the buffet area, just an elevator ride up. I prefer to use the stairs, faster.

Archived