Auckland Port Hotels

eh2zed

While I don't know the Copthorne, there are some lovely hotels within a reasonable distance from the harbor...try a search of this board 'Auckland Hotels' and go to Trip Advisor to see customer reviews of the hotels of interest. Sorry that the Hilton is full, maybe because of all the discussion on the NZ boards :), but at least you'll save some $$ since the H is so expensive! I'm sure you'll find one that you'll enjoy!

There was an earlier thread in which the Copthorne came up. I think this is it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=511829&highlight=copthorne

Unless you're just booking your hotel based on the proximity to the ship you might want to check out the Rendevouz. Our group of 6 was able to book 3 pre-cruise rooms there for $170 NZD by calling and booking direct. As I remember the internet web prices were $195.

Here is a shot of Aurora berthed at Auckland.

The Hilton on the right at the stern and the Copthorne is the brick building at the bow.Copthorne is just over the road from the end of the pier and is more what you would call a comfortable tourist hotel.Excellent location for a short stay.

2003223972963532971_rs.jpg

The Hilton on the right at the stern and the Copthorne is the brick building at the bow.Copthorne is just over the road from the end of the pier and is more what you would call a comfortable tourist hotel.Excellent location for a short stay.

Are any of those other buildings The Rendevouz? We are booked there at the end of our cruise Feb 3

Kiwi Kruzer, thank you so much. I am going to pursue booking it. Expedia has it for 145 CDN incl GST. Location I want

We walked from the Stamford Plaza to the pier with all of our luggage. It was mostly downhill and was fine.

It's a nice hotel, but check if the construction work is still going on.

Steve.

If you go to Google Earth and type the name of the hotel and Auckland you can see the location on an aerial view. To see the pier go to Auckland Hilton first.

You can also use Google Earth to find distances between sites etc.

Kiwi Kruzer, thank you so much. I am going to pursue booking it. Expedia has it for 145 CDN incl GST. Location I want

Don't know for how many nights you are looking to reserve, but Orbitz(U.S.) has a special on at the moment. For 3 nights use Promo Code 75INTL, for 5 nights 200INTL. With the $75 "coupon", the total price for 3 nights is $340 (U.S.) including taxes.:D BTW, these codes are good for any hotels outside of the U.S. Must be booked by end of Sept., valid for stays until next March.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived