Auckland Port Hotels

eh2zed

I'm bringing this back to the top to ask if anyone has any reviews of Auckland hotels. I'm in the process of booking ours for one night after our Statendam cruise. Does anyone who stayed at the Copthorne have any comments? I just don't see paying huge dollars for one night at the Hilton but would like to be near the water and the Copthorne says that every room has a view.

The price is right and we won't be spending much time in the room.

thanks

I'm bringing this back to the top to ask if anyone has any reviews of Auckland hotels. I'm in the process of booking ours for one night after our Statendam cruise. Does anyone who stayed at the Copthorne have any comments? I just don't see paying huge dollars for one night at the Hilton but would like to be near the water and the Copthorne says that every room has a view.

The price is right and we won't be spending much time in the room.

thanks

Jan,

If you haven't already done so, you might want to have a look at the reviews on tripadvisor.com before choosing the Copthorne. It's rated as #79 of 128 hotels and, excepting for the views, doesn't seem to have too many other assets. At about the same price range is the Crowne Plaza, a few minutes walk away - or short taxi ride - and it comes in as #4 of 128. Don't know when your cruise ends, but a great site for hotels for booking within 28 days of stay is http://www.wotif.com

Have a great cruise.

Just an fyI, we stayed at the Crown Plaza and liked it a lot. Very helpful staff, rooms ready early and clean, typical hot water pot and cookies in room and they let us leave our luggage there when we returned to Auckland for a day before heading to the airport even though we weren't staying there on that trip. It's about a 10 minute walk to the harbor - not a problem.

ldog, I am the OP for this thread. We did book the Copthorne for our Statendam night before in November. The Hotel is OK. We were OK with the room, etc. Great location. However, if your night is a Saturday night thats party night in downtown Auckland and the street activity only breaks up when the sun comes up. Other for the money it was fine.

Thanks eh2zed (love that name!) I was hoping you'd answer. We are there on a Saturday night but noise doesn't really bother us that much. It's part of the local ambience I think. As long as it's clean I'm not too picky. We only have the one night so would like to be as central as possible.

Thanks eh2zed (love that name!) I was hoping you'd answer. We are there on a Saturday night but noise doesn't really bother us that much. It's part of the local ambience I think. As long as it's clean I'm not too picky. We only have the one night so would like to be as central as possible.

ldog, I wish I could say I invented my CC name but I saw it in a magazine once; distinctly Canadian eh. I think you will like the Copthorne, all rooms are harbour views but Saturday night is party night on the street below. Great cruise you are going on. We did it the other way around and had an extra 2 days going to Brisbane for dry dock.

Archived