How hard is it to change date of cruise?

islahopper

I just found out today that the cruise I have booked on the Freedom (Jan 26-Feb 2nd), is a Grand Old Opery cruise. Been there,done that(not our choice), nice folks, but I can't stand country music. I booked through CVC, how hard will it be to change to the next week? Thank-you.

I would think it may be relatively easy. There may charge a small fee but your booking documents should state their cancellation or change fee, if there is one. I have found that most of the on-line agencies do a have a small cancellation/change fee, but perhaps yours will be the exception.

Marie

Easy Cheesy! We've never been charged a fee, unless of course you are within the 70 day final payment time. The only thing you need to be aware of is, you will pay a difference in price if the following week is more expensive. Then again, if it's less expensive, you would pay less!

When I tried to do this (with penalties that I was more than willing to pay) I was told "NO" by the PVP's supervisor. She needed a reason and apparently mine was not good enough. The reason was that my daughter's graduation date from "hair college" had been pushed back. Since we wanted her to join us on the cruise as a graduation present, we wanted to change the date. They were not very understanding. No big deal for me, I get to go on B2B cruises. Just wanted to give my 2cents that it's not always that you get cake and can eat it too.

Who knows, my PVP could have been having a bad day!

Essentially what you'll be doing is cancelling your first cruise, then rebooking the following week. Why on earth a PVP would tell someone that they couldn't do this is beyond me?? :confused: We've done it several times, with NO penalties or fees whatsoever. Like I said above, if you are within your final payment dates, you will be fined, but the OP's cruise isn't until January, they should have no problems at all changing the date. If they DO have a problem, they need to speak to a supervisor.

The OP mentioned they booked thru CVC, isnt that the club that has gone defunct?

Everyone else is talking about PVPs and their TAs who may have had a cancellation clase....I dont know about CVC. Hopefully, someone who does will post. If not you might want to put it in the subject line to get replies for that specifially or just call them and ask.

Oops, I thought the OP said they booked through a PVP (gotta slow down when reading!). Certain TA's may charge you a cancellation fee, usually around $35 or so, for their processing fees, etc... My TA NEVER charges us fees for anything, it depends on who you use. Especially if your booking the next week, in my opinion, they should let that fee slide if there is one. They are still making their commission, and should do it for you to provide good customer service.

Changed cruises last night, it was no problem. The cruise is 1 week earlier and was cheaper. I ended up getting 1642 points back and can also turn in my unused land vacation vouchers for cruise credit. This means a savings of over $1000.00 on our next cruise we book. Great deal. Even though CVC is no longer selling, the level of service I got was outstanding. We were going to take a break from crusing after the Jan cruise, but with such a deal looks like another one in July or Jan 09.

Archived