Uniworld European Cruises

woofas

All the trips we have made with them were wonderful--all on new ships--immaculate, well-staffed with knowledge people. The one I personally would avoid right now is the Seine. When we took this trip--our first- in 2002, it was sailing all the way from Honfleur to Paris--an idyllic week. Right now below Rouen is a bus trip--well worth the sites visited, but less sailing. Our trip on the Rhone last summer was wonderful, as was the 3 weeks from Bucharest to Amsterda. We also took a trip around S.A. which is no longer offered. This past Feb., we took there Egypt cruise. You just have to find the itinerary you want with the tours you want. Good luck. Pat

We were on Uniworld's "River Countess" for two weeks Nov. 09-23, 2006 for their "European Jewels" cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. We were quite happy with everything on the cruise - the ship, the crew, the food, the cabin, ... everything. It was our first river cruise experience, although we've done several ocean cruises. Must say that, for us, river cruises are the way to go, and Uniworld was just fine.

Took Uniworld's River Duchess from Amsterdam to Vienna; loved it! Ship was clean and neat; crew excellent; food very good, etc. etc. We're taking Uniworld's Douro Queen in October.

Regards, captgeo

I am interested in your feedback from this trip. We are thinking about going next September but after hearing that it gets dark at 4:30 pm I am not sure I want to go in September now. Might switch to early June. Pleas be sure to post a review when you return.

Hello! You are commenting on the wrong thread! I was responding to the query about cruising the Danube in Oct/Nov/Dec. Our experience last year was that in mid-November it was raining and dark by 4:30pm. Civil twilight in Vienna for 10th November is listed as 4:55pm but obviously shortened by low dark clouds.

Please note Not September, not Lisbon, not Amsterdam.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived