Infinity vs. Island Princess

1cruiselvr

I've never sailed on Princess, but I've heard good things. I've been on (in order of my favorites) Celebrity, RCCL, Norwegian, Premier, and Carnival. I love Celebrity, the service is great and the food is incredible. We were looking at a 10 day Alaska on Princess or a 12 day on Celebrity. We went with Celebrity because we get to go to the glacier and the cost difference was very slight for 2 extra days. Good luck!

We have actually sailed both ships....below are my thoughts in general but feel free to e-mail me directly (sascol@att.net) if you have specific questions:

- We'd sail both ships again without hesitation

- Food quality was about equal on both (B to B+ overall)

- Island Princess seemed to offer more activities on sea days

- Martin Bar (Crooners) on the Island Princess was great

- Infinity had more formal nights as well as two Informal nights (Island Princess had two formal nights on a 10 day trip and the rest were casual)

- Island Princess seemed a bit less "formal" in atmosphere.

- Specialty Restaurants on both were outstanding. Both had food far superior to the dining rooms. The SS United States on the Infinity being a very formal presentation while Sabatinis and the Bayou on the Island were more "relaxed".

- Cabins on the Infinity were better appointed

- Showers on the Infinity were larger. Unless you have at least a mini suite on the Island Princess, showers are VERY tiny.

Tough call to make!

Yes it is, we currently have a Sky Suite booked on Infinity and Princess is holding a mini-suite on Island Princess until tomorrow. We have decide soon but it's so difficult. Anybody stay in a SS w/Celebrity that can tell me if the suite is worth the extra $$ because there is a $750 price difference between X and Princess which is due to the suite category and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure what to do with a butler, do I really need one? No butlers on Princess.....

Happy Sailing!

We had a butler on Princess before the service was discontinued....never really used him.

As a former platinum level cruiser on Princess, I can tell you that there is a huge difference between the "old" Princess and the now "Carnivalized" version. Book the Celebrity Infinity. You will not be disappointed.

When good friends of mine, one a P&O Captain and another a Matre'D, told me not to come back, I could not believe it. We booked anyway, and were disgusted. We vowed to never go back, and will never sail on anything that is owned by Carnival.

we alwas have a veranda on celebrity[constellation-galaxy]the last time we sailed on the constellation we had a ss for the 14 day baltics.It was very nice but totally unnessecary-too much food -to many interuptions. A good attendant serves any thing you want in a veranda cabin so you do not really need a ss. we are doing the infinity in dec to hawaii and have an aft cabn which has a larger veranda and is probally better than a ss. personally dont think it is worth the extra fee.claire

As a former platinum level cruiser on Princess, I can tell you that there is a huge difference between the "old" Princess and the now "Carnivalized" version. Book the Celebrity Infinity. You will not be disappointed.

When good friends of mine, one a P&O Captain and another a Matre'D, told me not to come back, I could not believe it. We booked anyway, and were disgusted. We vowed to never go back, and will never sail on anything that is owned by Carnival.

We've sailed Pricess both pre and post Carnival....found no major differences (we are platinum members as well).

Archived