PG with Regent Air, Hotel on Own?

tnr

We have just booked a PG cruise for next summer and included Regent Air. I was considering doing a pre-cruise hotel on our own. Can anyone tell me if I would have to pay an air deviation fee for going 2 days earlier? If so, I might be better off taking one of the hotels through Regent. Any input would be extremely helpful.

Yes, you will have to pay deviation fee and there will be no pick up at the airport to go to your hotel. But I think if you don't deviate for the return part, you will still get your free day room at Radisson and transfer.

I agree, depending on what type of accommodation you would like, buying the hotel package from Regent may make sense (only time it does make sense.) We'll probably do the same next year when we (hopefully) return.

We did our own once, stayed at a smaller hotel, and it was very nice. But had to pay for cabs (you still get the dayroom after your cruise, if you book the air with Regent, despite any pre-cruise deviation.) The deviation fee is $100 pp.

Last year, we did a 3-night pre-cruise at the Radisson (through Regent) and flew straight through to PPT from the East Coast. The Radisson pkg. was very reasonable. The hotel has beautiful rooms, but no overwater bungalows. The main drawback is that it is relatively far from "town." Having been to PPT before, that was fine for us. We just wanted to "veg" and adjust to the time change before the cruise.

Thanks for everyone's input. I think we will go ahead and to through Regent to stay at the Radisson.

Dreps, since we have never been to Pepeete before, we want to see as much as possible while we are there. Is it difficult to get into "town" and back? What about seeing the rest of the island?

Leonid, Regent uses Air Tahiti Nui. Regent's fares seem to be less expensive than I have found elsewhere.

Thanks again for all your help.

I think there is a free shuttle that runs at least once a day to and from town from the Radisson. Other than that, you can take a taxi, which probably costs around $20 each way. Perhaps someone else can chime in with more precise information or other alternatives.

If you are staying at the IC, there is Le Truck stop right in front of the hotel, only ~1$ each way:D. I heard Le Truck has a stop over in Radisson area too. Maybe you should ask the question over the Pacific Island board.

Yes, I believe there's a Le Truck stop nearby the Radisson, but be aware the schedule might be limited, especially at night. I seem to remember there was a shuttle twice a day into Papeete. You can also arrange excursions through the hotel. If you want details, and dining alternatives, try http://www.tahiti-explorer.com . Lots of info there, and knowledgeable locals. The Royal Tahitien Hotel, nearer into town from the Radisson, for example, has a pretty, quiet restaurant right by the water. When we were there 4 years ago, we thought it was very nice. There's also a well-known restaurant high up on some lookout at the same end of town. I can't remember the name, but apparently the view is spectacular, the food okay.

Archived