Bargan

septrack

I just noticed an exceptional bargain on the Pacific Princess 11 day Hawaii to Tahita / Tahiti to Hawaii B2B in Oct, that I wish was available last spring. Balconies for 1200pp each way. That makes a total $4800 on a 22 day trip for 2 w/o air. When I priced a single trip last spring using Princess air it totalled over $5000. Making it a B2B and a round trip from HNL allows frequent fyer miles for the air at a reasonable rate.

I'm always afraid to wait to book last minute, but now I wish we didn't book the B2B CP trip this early Nov. Plus the Tahiti trip would have been over our 20 year anniversary. Oh well, we will have a great time in the Caribbean. Never met a cruise I didn't like. But every year we consider Tahiti, but book something else because of the expense when you factor in air.

Thought I'd pass it along in case it interest someone here and no I'm not a TA.

Mark

I just noticed an exceptional bargain on the Pacific Princess 11 day Hawaii to Tahita / Tahiti to Hawaii B2B in Oct, that I wish was available last spring. Balconies for 1200pp each way. That makes a total $4800 on a 22 day trip for 2 w/o air. When I priced a single trip last spring using Princess air it totalled over $5000. Making it a B2B and a round trip from HNL allows frequent fyer miles for the air at a reasonable rate.

I'm always afraid to wait to book last minute, but now I wish we didn't book the B2B CP trip this early Nov. Plus the Tahiti trip would have been over our 20 year anniversary. Oh well, we will have a great time in the Caribbean. Never met a cruise I didn't like. But every year we consider Tahiti, but book something else because of the expense when you factor in air.

Mark

I got the same exceptional bargain email; did book another exceptional bargain on the Diamond for October 4th; 15 days RT L.A./Hawaii. Sometimes wonderful things happen and this time we were able to jump on it.

Pia

Mark

Mark. . . you still have time to cancel the CP cruise an book this one.

Mark. . . you still have time to cancel the CP cruise an book this one.

We have passed the 75 day mark and would now face a penalty from Princess, plus loss of FF miles or penalty, plus have paid already for a pre and post cruise night hotel, also nonrefundable from Hotwire. No we will have to live and learn for next time. We have enjoyed the CB several times and will have to wait for Tahiti. Maybe next year!

Mark

I have found with Princess - it really pays to be a last minute buyer.

I have found the same thing, at least on repetitive itineraries. Some exotic itineraries offered just once or twice a year book up a year in advance, but on Caribbean, Alaska and Mexico, even some Med cruises, there are usually lots of last minute (less than 70 days out) deals. Princess wants to sail the ship full at all cost and this can definitely work to their passengers' advantage; other cruise lines seem to strike a balance between empty cabins and last minute specials.

Archived