Hurricane Felix

CoachTerry14

We are leaving on the 8th. Right about the time when Felix is predicted to cross over the Yucatan. Any predictions on where the ship will do? I am game to floating around in the ocean. Sea days are my favorite anyhow. Just curious since I havent seen any posts re it.

Hmmm...Maybe Key West? But again....Sea days are my fave...so we can float around for LL I CARE...WOULD LOVE SOME MORE PREDICTIOS

The television and internet predictions I've seen show a Yucatan "arrival" late Wednesday (9/5/07).

Have a great cruise whatever your itinerary is. ~Bon Voyage!!

We are leaving on the 8th. Right about the time when Felix is predicted to cross over the Yucatan. Any predictions on where the ship will do? I am game to floating around in the ocean. Sea days are my favorite anyhow. Just curious since I havent seen any posts re it.

im watching it very close im on the cruise before yours hopefully we get back so you guys can get out safely looks like my cruise is gonna be a wash out we are supposed to be in yucatan Wednesday and cozumel Thursday.

I'm sure this thread will get moved to the hurricane section but none the none I'm betting Felix will track a bit more south than currently predicted and make landfall at the southern most portion of Belize. Wednesday sounds like the right day.

The swell charts are showing some moderate size swells on Tuesday going into Wednesday, eight to ten feet, as the Conquest makes her way into port at Montego Bay. You might notice some effect from that but beyond Wednesday it looks fine. Grand Cayman and Cozumel shouldn't see any effect from the storm at all other than a bit of rain.

Don't worry, be happy!

Have a great time.

Its good to here that Cozumel should be fine, that is our only port. We will be there Saturday. Hopefully the boat will not rock too much, we have some first time cruisers going, which is why we are going on such a short cruise.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for smooth sailing.

Teressa

Its good to here that Cozumel should be fine, that is our only port. We will be there Saturday. Hopefully the boat will not rock too much, we have some first time cruisers going, which is why we are going on such a short cruise.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for smooth sailing.

Teressa

You guys will be fine. Felix will be little more than a memory by Saturday.

Have a great time. I'm sure you'll love cruising as much as the rest of us do!

Hi Cruise Critters. Do you know if you're booked on a Western Caribbean cruise and most of the ports you are supposed to visit suffer damage, will they change the itinerary to the Eastern Caribbean? We're sailing on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa on September 30th. I know it's a long way away, but I'm just curious if this ever happens.

I was sure hoping this would be another quiet season like last year. It is sure scary for all those people who could be in a storm's path. All I have to deal with here, is the ocassional blizzard, so maybe I should count my lucky stars.

Yeah... I have, but there are dual areas of high pressure sinking south out of Texas that I believe will force Felix further south than that track depicts.

We'll see!

Everything I have been reading shows those ridges disipating in the next few days and letting it track further north. I was also looking at Invest 98 which should be a hurricane by tuesday or wednesday and folllowing Dean's path....

Felix and that tropical wave east in the mid atlantic might play havoic on where we will sail on Glory next week. But as long as we are on board and sailing somewhere I can live with it as I know they will keep us a safe distance from the storms.

Everything I have been reading shows those ridges disipating in the next few days and letting it track further north. I was also looking at Invest 98 which should be a hurricane by tuesday or wednesday and folllowing Dean's path....

The 48 hour prog shows an area of high pressure centered west and north of Cuba. I'm thinking this will be sufficient to keep Felix south.

Invest 98 has some impressive movement but has recently lost it's convective activity. It's days away from the Caribbean so anything is still possible.

felix is looking to be a cat 3 today:eek: ....definately doest look to be moving south though.. and that model puts it right back out into the gulf on friday.. wondering if if we will have any rough seas on sat...maybe not, but the cruise prior to us will get it. i sure hop you get "our" ship back to us on time;)

Archived