Make Portofinos Reservation??

joelnlisa

We did a 5-day in July and it wasn't a problem to get a reservation at Portofinos. In fact, they had a little table set up on the Promenade the first afternoon before sail away, and that's how we came across it and made our reservation then.

Most everyone is in the same boat, or ship as it turns out, as you are, so getting the reservations will not be a problem as long as you do it the day you board. You can do it by going there, or even easier, is to call them from your cabin. Just don't miss it!! Here's what you would miss if you didn't.......

DSC01178_0106.jpg?t=1188679799

Denice, I am just picturing your befuddled waiter's face as you tell him to STOP, as you carefully photograph each serving before you let anyone eat or touch anything! :D

How did you know that's how I did it?????!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

{In fact that is not even our food...it is the from the people next to us!!!! lol (No, it was ours...I can still taste it..yum!! That filet was like butter!!!!!!)}

Seriously, I'm eating fat free yogurt here!!! LOL But in 7 weeks, hopefully I'm enjoying some Portofino's!!!

Once you see this food up front and personal...dieting will become a foreign, unlearned word. (we won't even go into the taste....mmmmmmmm)

Wow that looks really good. We were planning on going to Portofinos one night anyway, but now you really sold me. We ate at Chops when we were on the Mariner a few years ago and were too sunburnt to make it to Portofinos. Now I see what we missed out on.

I agree that it is worth it - but it's not exactly a $20 meal as we have already paid for the dinner we aren't eating, when we paid for our cruise.

You are right, you already paid for a meal onboard. So, if $20 a person is not comfortable for you to spend on a meal probably worth $80 or $90 per person, then you don't have to do it. The specialty restaurants aren't for everyone as there isn't enough room to fit every passenger on the ship in over the week.

My dad wouldn't spend the money. He's happy with the food in the dining room. He does go to Portofino/Chops because we go, so he goes along. Each person has something different that's important to him/her. To me, it's great food.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived