Lei Greeting on PG?

Meerjungfrau

Have been to Tahiti before and hotels always welcomed you with a flower lei. Do you get a flower lei as a welcome gift on Paul Gauguin? If not can you buy them anywhere? Also rather like the tahitian headdresses and always wondered where you can obtain one.

We got leis when we arrived at the airport. Depending on when you get in you can also get flowers at the market. I don't recall flower leis but I do recall shell ones and beautiful flower arrangements.

I know that their are arts and crafts sessions on board and you can make shell and seed necklaces and bracelets and I seem to recall the headdresses as something you could make as well but I don't recall for sure. I didn't do any of them so I don't know if the do ones with flowers or not.

And we did get leis when we arrived at Rarotonga and when we visited a village in Fiji but we were not allowed to take them back on ship.

Caroline

We were in Tahiti in March 2007 on the PG. On Air Tahiti Nui we received a tiare on the plane and at the airport. The Regent greeter at the airport also gave us a lei.

Pre-cruise we stayed at the Intercontinental in Papeete and our room (even the bathroom) were strewn with flowers. It brought a big smile to my face when we walked into the room after such a long flight.

We had time to go to the Marche and buy a bouquet of flowers for our cabin. I bought a spectacular arrangement for about $10. It lasted the entire week.

The Children of Raiatea also sold leis and flower crowns for $5 - $10 after their show. These were also beautiful.

One of my fondest memories of Tahiti were the beautiful flowers.

I have such fond memories of our PG cruise. Great trip.

Francine

We got the shell necklace that Wendy mentions at the Radisson (our day room stay).

We did also receive leis (albeit thin ones) at the airport from Regent staff. A very nice touch - I didn't expect it and it actually made me tear up!

Archived