First time cruiser: Disembarkation Question...

usctrojangal

My husband and I are cruising for the first time in a few weeks and are very excited. Reading the reviews on CC has been great. Some friends are picking us up from the dock when our journey ends in Vancouver and I'm not sure what time to tell them to get us. I heard it takes a few hours to disembark.... thinking about having breakfast that morning on the ship and lounging for a few hours... not sure how the disembarkation process works. Thoughts? Suggestions?

How many bags do you have? If you can *easily* handle them by yourselves, get Express Disembarkation and be ready to leave EARLY. You have to schlep them from your room to your friend's car by yourself with no assistance from anybody.

Otherwise, sign up for early, no-transportation needed, disembarkation and tell them you need to catch a bus early. That way, they will know you don't need airport transportation.

You will get a disembarkment questionare on the ship and put down the time you want to have them pick you up.

If it were me I would put down 0930 am. That will make you among the last to get off and the crowd is generally gone by then

I'd suggest you ask them to be there for 10:00-ish. After your number is called it's going to take a while to get off the ship and claim your luggage and get to where they will be waiting for you. Figuring a half-hour for this might not be too much.

That way you can have a leisurely breakfast and relax a bit that last (otherwise hectic) morning.

I would take my time, have a leisurely breakfast and get off after the rush. On your Diembarkation Questionnaire indicate you have Independent travel arrangements. Tell your friends to be there at 10 a.m. as RuthC suggests. Even if they call your colour or number you don't have to leave until you are ready. At maybe 9:40 disembark pick up your bags in the terminal and head out to the pickup area.

At the beginning of the cruise you will get a questionaire concerning your plans for the day of disembarkation. Pn pur recent cruise we knew that we would be going to go to a hotel to stay for the night so I marked 9 AM as we didn't need to rush off the ship. Our number was called at 8:20.

The last night of the cruise you will get a cruise log which will list the breakfast times for the morning of disembarkation. Take your time, have a great breakfast.

Even if your number is called while you are hving breakfast, you don't have to leave the ship right at that time. Go when you are ready.

Archived