Liquor?

You're opening a HUGE can of worms here. Now the forces of conservatism will swiftly decend upon this thread and instantly flame you for even thinking of bringing your own liquor on board. The gall of it! But don't worry friend you are not alone. Were a small resistance group who live on the edge of the crusing society who habitually "smuggle" our own liquor/wine/beer on board for our own enjoyment. There are rumours that some actually engage in a little black market activities by selling it discount to other pax but these rumours are unfounded.

First of all..don't trust anyone. The forces of good and prohibition are always on the look out for us smugglers. Success can be achieved by hiding your "Personal Beverage Containers" (PBCs) in your checked luggage. Ensure they are packed well so as to prevent breakage. I had a can of beer mysteriously punctured in my bag, no doubt the work of the FofG&P looking to destroy any attempt by the resistance of getting it on board. Little did they realize that I was brining on more than one can, fools!

Perhaps others of the resistance can offer you more tips...I have to go.... they are closing in. Remember...don't let them know what you are doing. Remain calm and cool. Good luck and welcome to the dark side!

J Lo

Its easy enough to buy your own liquor on the ship the first night and take it back to your cabin. It alot safer then having the bottle break and being worried about having it confiscated. When you buy it on the ship and pay the corkage fee to take it back, the price is the same as if you bought before you came. So why bother but its up to you

I agree about buying alcohol onboard, we snuck it on one time and then found it so much cheaper to buy once we got on. But, you are right, wine is another story. You are allowed to bring a couple of bottles of wine for "a special occasion" according to their brochures and I don't know of anything more special than a cruise. They also told me it is okay to bring soda and water or juice.

You are allowed to bring it onboard, we have on almost every cruise we have taken. You should expect to pay a corkage fee in the dining room, still it's far less $ and you can have a much better bottle of wine than what is on their list.

We usually just have it in our carry on, no need to smuggle.

We've done it every time we've cruised - wine, liquor and water...we don't do it for consumption outside our room, just drinks while we're getting ready for dinner, relaxing on the balcony in the evening, etc. I ALWAYS pack it in our checked luggage though, not in anything we carry on ourselves (wrapped carefully mind you).

Honey I don't know anyone who doesn't do it. Just wrap it up in bubble wrap, and tape it good, put it in a garbage bag, and wrap a towel around it and enjoy. But from what I understand you can buy it onboard on RC and bring it to your room. I hear if you buy all you want the first time you only pay one surcharge. But then again you may want something they don't carry. Right? I always bring my mix and I bring my own water. Those little bottles for taking my meds and things. I bring more bottles then clothes. See I have my packing down to a snap. Two formals, couple of dressy tops, one pair or black pants to go with the tops, shorts, couple of t-shirts, and my bottles. Oh, and a great attitude. Works for me. Peace. Oh, back with another thought. My girlfriend buys all those little nip bottles, all year long, she stocks up on them and then chucks them in her suitcase or wherever and she just uses them. You can take them up on the pools with you in your beach bag, or where ever you want. That also is an option. They are so light and easy to carry. they cost about 99 cents each. Look for different types and the ones on sale. :cool:

Archived