Photos of Ships in bad storms

butterfly2

The Triumph photo is a known fake. It has been posted that the Triumph was not in a storm at the time that the photo was taken.

Nope, it's not a fake photo, though I think rumors were rampant that it was a fake.

I found the comment and photo of the Triumph in the storm on John Heald's blog...I knew it was there somewhere. :) He says it's a real photo. I'll take his word for it. ;)

John's comment (In reply to a question about the photo) The exact photo shown in this thread is shown on the blog.

MARK - "I think you are referring to this photo of the Carnival Triumph taken on her way to Canada from New York. Cheers mate".

Here's the link...half way down the page is the comment and photo.

http://johnheald.wordpress.com/2007/09/07/its-kind-of-magic/

Sorry about that nlcentralchmps03. When I said "What looks 50 years old? The water?" :D I put a smiley. (Not a Meany one) It was meant as tongue in cheek and it was said in jest. Please, I didn't mean my post to offend you at all. :o I must watch my "tone" on here a little better. ;)

Seriously, It probably looks that way because I only right clicked on it and copied and posted it on here. On the website it is much shinier. ;)

Alexis,

no offense ever taken. :)

Although it is very hard to convey tone over the internet.

But please, don't feel bad, I figured you meant it like that in the first place!

What's so unbelievable about that? Perhaps they were on another mission and took the photo in passing? Perhaps they were checking on the ship, to be sure there was no trouble? There could be any number of scenarios that would explain how the photo was taken.

If a cruise ship is thrashing about in the ocean and no one is there to witness it...does it not still thrash? LOLOL

Like this which I got off of a search on Google

102022.jpg

Folks, I believe this picture is a fake. The person editing the photo made a few goofs. For one, they erased the ship's forward mast. Two, this ship is riding perfectly level. Three, the foreground waves are not consistent with the background.

Ok, it seems I am caring too much about this. LOL

Here's the source I found for this photo of the Carnival Triumph

Ship "CARNIVAL TRIUMPH"

Date 9/17/2002

Position N44:53:68

W57:16:66

Source: Aerial Surveillance Canadian Gov't associates Maritime Surveillance

Nope, it's not a fake photo, though I think rumors were rampant that it was a fake.

I found the comment and photo of the Triumph in the storm on John Heald's blog...I knew it was there somewhere. :) He says it's a real photo. I'll take his word for it. ;)

John's comment (In reply to a question about the photo) The exact photo shown in this thread is shown on the blog.

MARK - "I think you are referring to this photo of the Carnival Triumph taken on her way to Canada from New York. Cheers mate".

Here's the link...half way down the page is the comment and photo.

http://johnheald.wordpress.com/2007/09/07/its-kind-of-magic/

I'm sorry, but where exactly on that page (or the quote) does it say anything about the photo being real? :confused: I may have missed it because the comment came out of nowhere and I didn't want to read the entire page just to see what John was responding to.

No video, and not really a "storm" exactly, but last Fall on Grandeur we hit a lot of high seas and strong headwind heading south from Baltimore.

I couldn't take a picture of the ship from afar (since I was on it!) but my album has a section with lots of views from the ship! Several of the crew said it was the worst weather they had ever sailed in.

http://albums.tpkeller.com/grandeur2006/Weather/

Theron

great photos..! thanks

I'm sorry, but where exactly on that page (or the quote) does it say anything about the photo being real? :confused: I may have missed it because the comment came out of nowhere and I didn't want to read the entire page just to see what John was responding to.

In his quote he says "taken on her way from Canada to New York" It is inferred from that comment that it had to be a real photo.

You don't see what he was responding to...only his comments to emails and other blog entries.

These photos were taken on the Carnival Fantasy as we were sitting off of Cozumel (we had to tender) The wind was terrible and the ship rocked hard enough to splash the water out of the 1.5 foot kiddie pool. We had to be repositioned multiple times because the ship could not hold position in the wind. The tender rides were like roller coasters.

1539457604_KiddiePoolSplash1.jpg.13fa1722405be45d63bcf06c716c6cee.jpg

1433031872_KiddiePoolSplash2.jpg.827057ab03b78a9722cae670ef7beaa5.jpg

1207214752_KiddiePoolSplash3.jpg.b5d4cc1bf1e885489f7cbb6c8ac0a6c3.jpg

Tender.jpg.b1a494b17ee9e43d0430d02c43c21e18.jpg

Reminded me of 'The Perfect Storm' movie, but this is real. :eek:

"The Perfect Storm" was real. It was a real event that took place. Then a book was written about it. Then a movie was made of the book. Of course, Hollywood fictionalized some of it, like they always do, but the storm was real and ppl really did lose their lives during it. :(

Aww... what a great shot. You look so cozy. :)

LanglyCruisers-I see you are from Vancouver....Our next adventure is an Alaskan one and we eventually end up in Vancouver...any good suggestions for a nice Hotel? I can sympathize with that lady curled up-that was me last year on The Jewel (but inside)-horrible feeling. Thanks! Susie

Archived