Room Service Tipping

CruisinfromNapoli

We checked at the purser's desk on several cruises, just to be sure, and they have ensured us that the room service tip is included in the $10 pp. So, we were surprised to see that there was an line on the room service tag to sign and add an additional tip.

We were talking to our waitress in the dining room and she mentioned that her husband was also onboard and was part of the room service wait staff. She assured us, and she would have every reason not to, that the room service staff was part of the $10 pp per day tip pool.

:confused: Which is actually true??

(Celebrity takes the questions out of it...your room steward usually delivers your food. We just tip him/her very well at the end of the cruise).

I seem to remember tip being included in the price of "extra" cost room service items e.g. chocolate dipped strawberries <can someone plz confirm/deny that>

I usually added a few dollars per delivery of standard room service stuff. I figure a few dollars extra can't add up to more than 20 or so dollars extra on the total cost for me, but it means a lot to the wait staff.

Archived