FOOD? Pinnacle vs Dining Room

Lynzchat

Hello-

I'm a newbie to HAL, so forgive the ridiculous questions :confused:

I've seen alot of posts about the Pinnacle Grill, and how people eat there alot. Is the food really that different from the Main Dining Room?

We would definitely love to try the Pinnacle, but I know we can't afford to eat there every night. Is the food decent in the main dining area? Do they have steaks and seafood? What's it like?

Thanks for sharin!:o

Welcome to HAL. I have always enjoyed the food in the dining room, they always have a beef, chicken and fish dish, its very good. The Pinnacle is just something a bit more special, its excellent, but different. You will enjoy the dining room as well as the Pinnacle.

We like the dining room and we like the Pinnacle... I don't think I'd want to eat in the Pinnacle every night, but I know people who do.

I think the food in the dining room is great, it was especially good on our last cruise on the Maasdam. :)

It's a shame that sometimes our comments about Pinnacle lead some folks to think the dining room food is not good so, in order to have a good meal, you must go to Pinnacle. That is NOT the case. The main dining rooms on all HAL ships are beautiful rooms with wonderful menus, good quality, well prepared, beautifully presented food served by (for the vast majority of times) excellent, friendly dining stewards.

If you want to try Pinnacle, IMO it is well worth it to go at least once but be assured you surely will enjoy your dinners in the dining room.

I think most folks do the pinnacle only one nite during their cruise, if at all.. We ate there on the first nite out last jan on Zaandam and had an EXCELLENT meal, far superior to what is served in the dining room. Not there there is anything wrong with the dining room food.. but defintely a notch up. added benefit of going first nite was that it is only $10 a person. Had superb service and we tipped based on what a comparable meal would run in a good restaurant.

I'd recommend trying it at least one nite. Our next cruise is a 10 day in November so might even try it twice. Make reservations as soon as you get aboard though as if the ship is full I understand they fill up quickly for all nites.

Hi! I love the Pinnacle but never meant to suggest that the food in the dining room was not good. We enjoy the Pinnacle once or twice during a cruise because of the different ambiance as we generally make that a night that we sit at a table for 2, whereas in the dining room we prefer a larger table.:cool:

Thank you all for sharing! We definitely want to try the Pinnacle, and I think it's a great way to sit romantically at a table for 2. Like the above poster said, we are looking forward to meeting people at our larger table in the dining room.

I would rate the Pinnicle up there with a good 5 star restaurant. The Main Dining room is no slouch in comparison but about a 4 star in my expierence of dining out. I do think the extra cost is the Pinnacle is well worth it for a night or two of your cruise.

We also tried the Pinnacle Grill for one evening of our cruise, simply to have the "experience". While is was very very good, we enjoyed the main dining room just as much. We did notice that the Pinnacle wasn't "full" any evening, that we walked past, or ate their ourselves. It appeared most people were opting for the main dining room.

We go to the Pinnacle several times during a cruise because we love the clam chowder soup, crab cakes, filets, and chocolate volcano cake.

There is nothing wrong with the main dining room. Only on 1 cruise did we experience bad food on a HAL ship and as a result we ate nearly evening in the Pinnacle. Especially the 2nd week of our cruise.

Archived