Been to Fungi's Bar/Restaurant lately???

shecup

I'm wondering if anyone has been to Fungi's lately? If so, do they have reggae playing during lunch? And how is the food. We're getting married that morning and wanted to take our crazy family to have lunch somewhere FUN where we can laugh, be loud, dance, have a lot to drink and no one will look at us funny in our wedding attire. Is this the place? :confused:

Tina

Tina, when I went to Funji's, they were playing recorded reggae music, and I think I asked them if that's what they played all the time, and they said yes.

In terms of food, it's okay. If you're expecting authentic Caribbean food, you'll be disappointed, because to me, everything is cooked with tourists in mind. But, I had a good grilled tuna sandwich with fries (not very Caribbean, eh?). People I know have been disappointed with the roti and the roast pork - they've eaten all over the Caribbean and had high expectations.

I like Funji's - you can actually see fish in the water from there, because it's in a quiet area with a nice view. I don't know how quiet it would be, though, during the day, because I was wondering how busy it might be with all those boats in that harbor.

Had you thought about Iggie's at Bolongo Bay?

Thanks so much for the response. We've been trying so hard to find a place that is right for us price wise and atmosphere wise. It's not easy. These websites (for those places that even have a website) only offer you so much and of course they build everything up so it seems like they are the greatest.

I'm glad you made your comments about the food. I was wondering how "authentic" it was. So I'll take Fungi's off of the list of "potentials" and look now into Iggie's. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well quite honestly we're looking for a place that serves good food and is willing to cater/host a party of 12. Yes, we are getting married on Limetree Beach. And we both have West Indian backgrounds, so we can get "authentic" right at home (since we live in NY). That's really not the issue. I just don't want to wander around on the day of my wedding hopping from restaurant to restaurant seeing who will seat a party of 12 for lunch. I'm very anal retentive when it comes to this stuff. I need to PLAN NOW! hahaha Do you feel my "pain"? :)

Everybody that I have taken or comments about Iggie's likes it, and since they do weddings there sometimes, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to accommodate you. There's also dancing room right on the beach there if people want to "shake that thang" whereas there's no room at Funji's.

There are several options on the west side, but I doubt you'd want to go all the way over there.

That sounds great. I did check out their nice website where I got the email address to inquire. If they don't email me back in a few days I'll give them a call and see what we can reserve. I'm sure things will come togehter as they always do! Thanks so much for your help. I'll let you know how things go.

Tina

We've gone to Fungi's quite a few times and love the place. The last time we were there was April 07. I disagree about the food and really do enjoy their Roti. Not as authentic as the Roti that I ate at some local out of the way joint in St. Lucia, but it didn't have bones in it either! The view just can't be beat and we've always had great service.

Whenever we've been there has never been live music, just CD's playing.

I can't comment on the other place as I've never been there and the only other places that I've been are the Ritz and Glady's Cafe in town.

Congrats on the wedding, hope the day is fantastic for you.

We've gone to Fungi's quite a few times and love the place. The last time we were there was April 07. I disagree about the food and really do enjoy their Roti. Not as authentic as the Roti that I ate at some local out of the way joint in St. Lucia, but it didn't have bones in it either! The view just can't be beat and we've always had great service.

Whenever we've been there has never been live music, just CD's playing.

I can't comment on the other place as I've never been there and the only other places that I've been are the Ritz and Glady's Cafe in town.

Congrats on the wedding, hope the day is fantastic for you.

Dude, if it ain't got bones, it ain't authentic. Can't beleive the Ritz is still around. I used to go there long,long ago when I worked the BVI.

Good luck on your wedding(you know you will never find the right rice and peas unless you make it:D )...Do not know Iggy's, but that sounds like the best bet

We love Fungi's and eat there often. If you want authenic island food, you'll be happier there than Iggies. My favorite dish at Fungi's is the stewed chicken. My husband likes the yellow-tail. Lunch time is not as busy as dinner, so you should be able to get your party of 12 in. Don't forget to try the Bushwacker - they make a good one! Congrats on the wedding!

Archived