How safe are they?

majosa

Having read some horror stories on here about the problems they have had when it came to the in room safes, I would like to know if they are really "safe" I have never been on a cruise and I have no idea as what kind of safe it would be. Thank you for ya'lls help!

Having read some horror stories on here about the problems they have had when it came to the in room safes, I would like to know if they are really "safe" I have never been on a cruise and I have no idea as what kind of safe it would be. Thank you for ya'lls help!

It is safe that is locked with a card of yours that has a magnetic strip on it. You slide the card to open and lock the safe. I have used the safe in the cabin on every sailing and have not had any problems.:)

If you follow the suggestions on the safe...they are very safe. Granted, they CAN be opened by Carnival personnel. But only under very specific circumstances/under specific guidelines [multiple CCL employees must be involved]

We have never had a problem with the safes. What horror stories have you heard:confused:

Like lu2cruise said, you use your own card to open and close it. There should be no problem.

Thats my question.....what horror stories? Someone who has never cruised but has heard the horror stories that I missed??? :cool:

Yes i have read some like someone stated that they had their money in envelopes sealed in the safe and when they went to get it, it had been slit open and the money was gone. I am not trying start anything i just would like to know.

Yes i have read some like someone stated that they had their money in envelopes sealed in the safe and when they went to get it, it had been slit open and the money was gone. I am not trying start anything i just would like to know.

Sounds fishy to me. If someone were to steal the money don't ya think they would take the whole envelope:rolleyes:

I must be overly trusting but I left my wallet sitting on the counter top the whole time I was on the Glory ( except when I was ashore ) and never once thought at risk of it being stolen. It's not like a bunch of people are in your room while you're out, just the cleaning staff, they know they will be targeted if anything comes up missing .

Nice ass but without additional pics, I doubt it's really yours. :D

who's calling names, sir, or should I call you guys Sirs?

i just said the statement was stupid, not the OP

maybe you need to have your eyes, all 4 of them examined Mr Joe & Mr Mike

i stand corrected you were calling the statement stupid, not the op

however...suggesting my/our eyes should be examined, not very nice, do you think?

i stand corrected you were calling the statement stupid, not the op

however...suggesting my/our eyes should be examined, not very nice, do you think?

I'm just guessing here. They are either 12 years old or the famous captain. Either way nothing but a troll:rolleyes:

Look asking a question is all i did. I cant find the link it was back in January when i first found this website and began reading. It may not have been on Carnival. ( I was still just thinking of going on a cruise and had not chosen a line yet) sorry call me names or what ever i am only human ( gasp:D ) I did not mean to cause a uproar only wanted to know what others experiences were. I only remember reading about some issues and was curious as to what others thought. I am not a troll trying to stir up stuff. Only wanted to know as i will be cruising in a little over a week. All of this is new to me. I trust the opinions of ya'll so i ask.:)

I dont think anyone thinks you are the troll here, maybe friend Asia. lol

I was just saying I never heard the stories, enlighten us. I do lock up everything in the safe. I take everything out of my purse and put our purses up on the top shelf with nothing but make up or papers in them. Even my check book and our medication goes into the safe and the camera.

I dont think anyone thinks you are the troll here, maybe friend Asia. lol

I was just saying I never heard the stories, enlighten us. I do lock up everything in the safe. I take everything out of my purse and put our purses up on the top shelf with nothing but make up or papers in them. Even my check book and our medication goes into the safe and the camera.

Thank you for helping. As i mentioned it was back at the first of the year and i can not remember the name of thread. But at the time i did not think too much of it. I just remember the person mentioning that they had money in envelopes that were sealed and when they went into the safe later on that one had been opened and the money was gone. Why the envelope was left or if anything was taken i dont know. I dont know what to expect I have never been on a cruise I only wanted to know. You know I have to be honest I had thought about not asking the question because i had seen a lot of negative responses to other posters questions. I try not to ask silly or stupid questions. But I thought it was innocent enough. Yea I know some other people are going to fuss on me anyway but hey life goes on and i will be on a cruise in 9 days!

I've never had a problem, and have yet to read someone posting a problem, but I recommend everyone do a final PULL of the door, cause sometimes the closing mechanism ERRORS, and some pax miss it.

I also try not to sail with the Hope DIAMOND.

Why would you say something so mean?

Majosa - ignore Asia C if you ever see a post by this person again. They are merely trying to agitate and stir things up:mad: I'm sure the moderators will or have already taken care of this problem. I believe he's been taken care of before, but he's like a bad penny - he keeps turning up:( Enjoy your trip and don't worry about the safe. Best thing to use is an old gift card if you have one (make sure it's empty incase you damage it). The ship does not recommend using the key card to access the safe (in case you damage the keycard and then it won't open your door!).

Majosa - ignore Asia C if you ever see a post by this person again. They are merely trying to agitate and stir things up:mad: I'm sure the moderators will or have already taken care of this problem. I believe he's been taken care of before, but he's like a bad penny - he keeps turning up:( Enjoy your trip and don't worry about the safe. Best thing to use is an old gift card if you have one (make sure it's empty incase you damage it). The ship does not recommend using the key card to access the safe (in case you damage the keycard and then it won't open your door!).

Thank you for your kindness as well as all of you who are sincere when others ask questions.:)

The only think I worry about concerning the safety of the safe is whether I will lose the card that I've used to close it! We've been on 14 cruises - 13 on Carnival - and the safes has always been secure. (I do not use my sail and sign card...but a cancelled credit card I kept awhile back.)

Archived