Back-to-Back Cruise Question

OldCodger73

I was looking at HAL's website a while back, and I noticed that there was about a $100 savings if you booked the back-to-back cruises as one cruise.

We prefer to book our's separately because of the shipboard credit. We do AMEX Plat one cruise and CCL stock the other cruise. The two cannot be combined.

We always book as two different cruises, as well. We also take advantage of the AmEx Shipboard Credit but as importantly, in the event we should have to cancel one cruise, we would still have the option of taking the other cruise. With one confirmation number, we would have to cancel the whole trip. It has never happened but who knows? It could.

That's really interesting info. When we did our recent B2B, DH booked directly with HAL, we were given two different booking numbers, two sets of tickets,etc. I just assumed it was always done that. I appreciate the info for future cruises.

Every so often HAL will put two 7 days together and offer them at a better price than the seperate cruises. An example would be the "sunfarer special" offered in the Caribbean cruises. We have done quite a few b2b's and just love them.

It can vary; sometimes it's just a hundred or so per-person, other times it can be up to 10% or 20% if there's a special promotion. For instance, HAL just ran a promo (I think it's still in place) for the Eurodam's Inaugural cruises: if you do the first two 10-day cruises b2b in the same cabin you can receive a 10% discount off on both cruises.

Archived