Seattle Hotels

katiel53

We are planning to go on an NCL Alaska trip next May on Pearl. I have read many posts about hotels and I have also checked info on many hotels. I guess what I am looking for is opinions of Residence Inn and Springhill Suites. Are there restaurants in the area within walking distance that are good, but not too expensive?

We are open to suggestions as to other hotels also. None of us has ever used Priceline and we need 3 rooms. I don't know if we could do 3 rooms at once on Priceline. We are also all seniors.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn (Express?) last time and it wasn't near anything at all. We will only be there the day/night before our cruise which starts Memorial Day weekend. So, we thought we should book our hotel soon. Thanks for any help.

I assume you are talking baout the RI Lake Union and the SHS downtown. There are a few things near the RI but nothng near the SHS. I staed at teh RI and while it wasn't exactl perfect, it wasn't bad. Both places have a free shuttle that drops off at an array of places in the downtown area. From some of those dropoffs you can hop the free bus. You can actually get the public bus right in front of the RI and ride it into the free zone...it's like 1.25 PP per trip.

The RI was clean, they just did a few dumb, inexcusable things. (I have a review on Trip advisor). For instance, they ran out of butter-BUT they have a grocery shopping service. Long story short, I went with them shopping..the man went PAST the butter. BUT the breakfast supervisor didn't bother to tell him to get butter. See it's stupid stuff like that, which may not seem big, but leads me to believe that people have no common sense. And the van was dirty and stank! SOmeone ate in it and spilled something. The van driver was standing at the desk for at least 10 minutes (I was waiting for the next shuttle and saw him) but he didn't bother to clean it up or spray air freshener.

In their defense, they sent me a voucher for a free night.

IT's a nice enough place...right by the lake. I can't recall the resturants across the street but there were a couple. I would rather take the shuttle to Westlake center and walk around downtown to eat...there are many restaurants and other places to shop......HTH

Book early...stuff fills up fast, especially during cruise season. You could check for the Marriott Senior rate too...plus, check the hotel's page..some of them have specials sometimes.!

The RI (for 5/24/08, 1 night, 3 rooms, senior rate) is 127 per room, per night plus tax. VERY good! This is a one bedroom (the hotel has studios..bed, kitchen, sitting area all in one room, and one and 2 bedroom units as well.) Not lakeview, but still a very great rate.

you can cancel up until 4 PM day of arrival.....if it was me, i would grab em while they last!

Oh....didn't realize you were a big marriott person like me!

Well....since the Courtyard Lake Union, the SHS, the Marriott and the Renaissance are all WAY more...no.

There are LOTS of hotels in town, but the lake area is pretty to walk around even if you don't have a lakeview room.....other stuff is more centrally located (the marriott is right next to Pikes Place market and across from the pier and the Renaissance is walking distance to Pacific Place mall (OK...well it is DOWNHILL one way but UPHILL the other! lol)

If it were me, and the RI was that good a dela, i'd hop on it! And you get the free breakfast. Plus, you can go buy stuff is you want to cook...i'm pretty sure the shuttle runs on weekends, if not you could always cab or bus it to a grocery. The RI is fine, and even though they had a couple little goofs, i wouldn't NOT stay there again. To me, price comes first, then location and this location, while a mile or 2 from all the "stuff" is nice and safe. I have heard others say that the SHS area is a little 'rough'

You;ll like the space at the RI. My studio was a nice sized room.

Archived