Long Beach Airport to LA Cruise Terminal

drhallmah

About the same as the distance from Rupp Arena to a National Championship!

Only kidding (sort of) - I actually have a close friend who considers himself the #1 wildcats fan - he and I have a running battle since I am from Maryland.

Anyway, to answer your question: the easiest thing you can do is do a search on Mapquest. I can tell you that by car it's probably about an hour - depending on the time of day because it's straight up the freeway which can get clogged up depending on the time you take the trip.

One of those "Terrapins", huh? My wife is a Maryland fan, though she is getting close to being a Wildcat fan.

I was hoping someone who has used LGB airport for a cruise w/RCCL would respond. I think it is only a few miles.

Actually, it is pretty close. But after living in L.A. for 47 years I can tell you we didn't talk distance in miles, but in time. Such as "How far away is it?", the answer would be "About 45 minutes". And we were only discussing ditance to the end of the driveway..LOL.

• 4 years later...

I was wanting to know the same thing about the transfer from LGB to San Pedro. So there was no set price for the taxi? I read on LGB's website that a taxi to the San Pedro Cruise Terminal was $45. Has anyone used a shutle service? I got a quote from SuperShuttle for 2 people it would be $32 each direction if they pre-paid for round-trip service. Does anyone know? Thank you!

Very few cities have "flat rates" from airports. JFK is one of them (LGA is NOT), as is IAH (multiple zones with maximum rates). When you see a statement about taxi rates on a website, unless it specifically says that there is a flat rate or maximum rate, take those numbers as estimates.

According to the city of Long Beach website, it's a flat fee, not an estimate, of $45:

http://www.longbeach.gov/airport/transport/shuttle.asp

It's about 14 miles from LBG to the pier, vs. 19 from LAX. There's a carpool lane the entire way on the 405, which can help immensely in heavy traffic.

I fly in and out of LGB any time that I can - the airport is so easy to navigate that you can actually show up 45 minutes before your flight and make it to the gate with time to spare.:)

As someone who spent their first 30 years in Long Beach, make sure you stay overnight in Long Beach as opposed to San Pedro. The area of the LA cruise dock in San Pedro is also the Skid Row of the area. The cruise terminal is fine, parking is fenced and safe but I wouldn't walk around outside the fenced dock area.

As someone who spent their first 30* years in Long Beach, make sure you stay overnight in Long Beach as opposed to San Pedro. The area of the LA cruise dock in San Pedro is also the Skid Row of the area. The cruise terminal is fine, parking is fenced and safe but I wouldn't walk around outside the fenced dock area.

When did you leave? San Pedro isn't quite Nirvana, but it's grown up quite a bit in the past few years. The area around the Crowne Plaza (the closest 3* hotel to the pier) is perfectly safe so long as one exercises a bit of common sense late at night. During the day it's quite acceptable. And the Doubletree Hotel, a bit further away, is a lovely property in the Marina.

Now, if somebody is staying for a couple of nights and doesn't have a car, I'd recommend Long Beach just because there are more sights within easy walking distance. But San Pedro is just fine for an overnight stay, and there are lots of good restaurants in the area, too.

Archived