Caribbean Princess - Favorite Places/Things to do

marne001

What are the "not to be missed" places and things to do on the Caribbean Princess? I will be on B2B on her in two weeks, and intend to see it all!

Particularly interested in off beat items, example on the Emerald there is a so called secret observation deck at the front on one deck, accessed by an unmarked door.

Thanks,

Marne, The Cruisin' Fool

The aft pool area is wonderful - relaxing, quiet and a beautiful view. I personally love MUTS in the evening - a really nice change of pace from the usual evening shows. They also show a few movies in one of the lounges - check your Patter. The Lotus Spa is beautiful - take a tour on the day of embarkation - they give away prizes. The Lotus Pool is a lovely area of the ship. Princess also does a very nice afternoon tea. For the past three years, they have have a huge end of season clearance sale. We have always cruised the last week of October/first of November, so I'm not sure if they always do it. Lots to look at - some are geat bargins, others not, but fun to go to if you like to shop.

There is an area that is not well marked, and a little hard to find, so I thought! I found it when up on one of the top decks looking down and saw an open deck. It's not very big and right at the very front of the ship. It's very windy, but amazing views, I think there were a couple of chairs around there.

My other favorite spot was by the Java Cafe, if you like to people watch sit there, especially in the evenings. I saw and heard so many things it was great! Plus the bar tenders knew me by a couple of days and they were cool to chat with.

I did frequent the promande quite a bit because i liked walking around the whole ship and being close to the water. There are a lot of little places to sit and relax.

Enjoy the cruise :cool:

Skywalkers during the day!! Unbelievable views and it is a great place to sit and read a book or just relax. It is very quiet and there is no bar service so bring your own drink with you.

CB has the same observation deck on Lido all the way forward through the door past the cabins. Great views there.

Joker's game room on plaza 5 is a nice place to sit too. Many tables with games and there is a closet with tons of decks of cards. There are nice big windows to look out of there too. Usually this room has very few people in it.

Take the floor plan of the ship from your printed brochure with you because the ones they give you in the room are almost useless. Then just go explore!

If you like to play cards, ask for a free deck of cards at the Purser's desk. They gave me two decks of Princess playing cards (and I only asked for one). They make great sourviners! Thanks, Princess, for this pleasant service. :)

thank you for the tip

Favorite Things:

Dine at Sabatini

Drinks at the Wheelhouse Bar.

The Terrace Pool is adults only and usually very quiet.

Champagne waterfall on the atrium on the second formal night.

If you have a balcony -order room service one morning and enjoy it.

Sailaway from at least one port from the balcony as well.

Try the fettucini alfredo in the dining room -also the pina colada soup, the creme brulee, the souffles and the escargot...oh I could go on and on.

Relax and enjoy...have a great cruise.

the Caribbean Princess also has that unmarked door to a great view -- on the Lido deck, go forward to the Lido deck staterooms on the starboard side and go as far forward as you can. there is a door there that goes to some additional forward cabins and then another door that goes out to an observation deck that is on top of the bridge!! you can even go just a wee bit over the bridge wings - incredible view. this is often closed tho -- because there are staterooms there with windows - for privacy. but it is often open. not a good spot tho when it is windy!!! but it is a terrific view. my other personal faves are -- lotus spa thermal suite, aft pool and deck, especially the little wings one level above the pool - this is i think the best spot on the ship for a couple loungers, privacy, and great view aft! scoops ice cream is great - but horizon buffet also has ice cream certain afternoon hours. the a/c thing someone mentioned in this thread is a spot on lido deck somewhere around the funnel -- it is a spot with loungers where there is a huge grating on the area around the funnel with nice cool air from the a/c.

enjoy!

i have photos posted from our 12-19 Aug Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess at my website:

Bob Laubach

Manassas, VA

We found an area out side that received a cool breeze fom the A/C. Its our secret!

Where is this spot? We'll be on CB next year. Some of RCI's ship have a spot that the a/c vents out onto the deck. Great spot when feeling a little seasick and need a cool spot that is out in fresh air. Have fallen asleep there several times.

Archived