I have a dilemma. 2008/2009

cot427

I have a dilemma for my upcoming cruising years. I take one cruise every year. This year I chose the Freedom of the Seas, because I wanted to try a Freedom class. But next year, it seems like there is nothing to chose from, because I want to do Southern, but afraid of airfare to san juan. Also, I would love to do explorer, but its only 5 days to Bermuda.

But that's really not the problem, 2009 is? I have a couple choices to chose from:

1. I really wany to try a Genesis class the year it comes out. It would probably be from Miami on Western or Eastern. That's why I want to take a year off of Western/Eastern Caribbeans.

2. Mariner is going to Mexican Riviera cruises, and I always wanted to do one, but I need the right ship over there. Mariner is that right ship and airfare to LAX is not a problem, as southwest offers good deals from Pit.

3. I know that they are going to send a ship to Port Canaveral after Mariner, and I hope it is another Freedom, because I love flying into Orlando and sailing out of PC.

Those are my 3 options for 2009, and I am going to pick 1.

For 2008, it is really up in the air. I have no idea, but I would like to choose before my cruise on Freedom so I can book on board. Any suggestions for 2008, and which of the 3 would you reccommend for 2009.

Thanks.

I have a dilemma for my upcoming cruising years. I take one cruise every year. This year I chose the Freedom of the Seas, because I wanted to try a Freedom class. But next year, it seems like there is nothing to chose from, because I want to do Southern, but afraid of airfare to san juan. Also, I would love to do explorer, but its only 5 days to Bermuda.

I looked up Jetblue and just picked some random dates from Pittsburgh to San Juan and got 250 per person round trip. Also the Explorer offers more than just the 5 day Bermuda, there is a 9 day and in the winter/spring 12 days.

For 2009 I would do the Mariner for the Mexican Riviera - just my choice. I plan to do that one as soon as I can!

For 2008 - why don't you hop on board the Explorer with us on our group cruise? We are doing a 9 night to the Eastern Caribbean - Labadee, Casa de Campo, St. Thomas & San Juan. Our group leader is a BIG Steeler fan - you guys would get along nicely!:D Click on the banner in my siggy for more info.:)

Hey it must be a PA thing because I had the SAME dilemna. :D

I was on Freedom this year (and 2 Carnival cruises)

I want to go on Genesis in 2009.

So, I had to decide what to do in 2008. And I decided to do Liberty to Eastern. I know, I know, it's not the Southern. But it's Liberty. And we had such a great time on Freedom, I knew it would be just as good on Liberty.

Either that or I was considering Grandeur or Explorer knowing that I could drive to NJ or Baltimore.

But we went with Liberty.

What about Explorer's 9 night to Bermuda and the Caribbean on April 25th or Oct. 23rd 2008? or Explorer's 12 night Southern cruises in January, February, March, November, or December?

Or what about the 10 or 11 night partial Panama Canal sailings on Brilliance of the Seas (first part of 2008) or Jewel of the Seas (last half of 2008)? These two ships are my top two favorites.

This would give you some longer sailings and some new ports as opposed to the Eastern and Western sailings you've already done.

I have to do a summer cruise next year because the kids are in school, one will be a junior and can't miss school like he did when he was a sophmore, freshman, or middle school. Thanks for the advice. I really do have to talk to my family. The AOS is cheaper than the Explorer's 5 day, but we wouldn't have to do airfare for nyc. That has to be factored in. It is a real tough decision between the two of them.

Mariner is a Voyager class, not a Freedom class.

You say you want to do a Freedom class but keep talking about the Mariner. If you want to do Mariner that bad you must really want to do it, if not you can come to Galveston and do Voyager :)

Voyager and Mariner same same...as are Adventure, Explorer and Navigator

the 3 Freedom class ships are Freedom, Independance and Liberty.

Mariner is a Voyager class, not a Freedom class.

You say you want to do a Freedom class but keep talking about the Mariner. If you want to do Mariner that bad you must really want to do it, if not you can come to Galveston and do Voyager :)

Voyager and Mariner same same...as are Adventure, Explorer and Navigator

the 3 Freedom class ships are Freedom, Independance and Liberty.

I'm aware of the classes. Thank you very much. I would like a Freedom class for 2009 out of PC, OR the mariner in La, or the Genesis.

For 08, its AOS or EOS. Sorry I confused you.

The airfare to San Juan isn't that bad - we actually paid more flying to Miami for our FOS cruise than we did last year flying American to San Juan.

We are also getting burned out on the Caribbean, but I'd do the Southern in a flash. We felt Princess had better Southerin itineraries than any other line, but we did enjoy the FOS better than any other ship we've been on.

We are doing the Mexican Riviera and Canada/New England next year to take a break from the Caribbean.

The airfare to San Juan isn't that bad - we actually paid more flying to Miami for our FOS cruise than we did last year flying American to San Juan.

We are also getting burned out on the Caribbean, but I'd do the Southern in a flash. We felt Princess had better Southerin itineraries than any other line, but we did enjoy the FOS better than any other ship we've been on.

We are doing the Mexican Riviera and Canada/New England next year to take a break from the Caribbean.

Yes, you can only do to the W/E Caribbean so many times. After my FOS cruise, it will make 3 Western and 3 Eastern. I think that that is enough for 6 years straight. I want to try Southern or Bermuda.

It's really a toss up. I talked to my aunt just now, and she said the same thing I did about the airfare, but as I see, you can get good rates. Here is what I am thinking:

1). If I do the Southern Caribbean, it will be the Barbados route, we will have to fly in a Saturday. We will fly to San Juan. Fabulous ports and beautiful ship.

2). I just visited NYC this past June, and it was awesome. If I do the 5 night Bermuda on EOS, then I can drive to the port and extend my vacation in the city for two extra nights. It is a Saturday - Thursday, so I could spend thursday to saturday in nyc.

Both sound great, I just don't know which one would be better. I've always wanted to go to Bermuda and Explorer was my favorite ship. But the AOS and its ports are just so enticing.

Yes, you can only do to the W/E Caribbean so many times. After my FOS cruise, it will make 3 Western and 3 Eastern. I think that that is enough for 6 years straight. I want to try Southern or Bermuda.

It's really a toss up. I talked to my aunt just now, and she said the same thing I did about the airfare, but as I see, you can get good rates. Here is what I am thinking:

1). If I do the Southern Caribbean, it will be the Barbados route, we will have to fly in a Saturday. We will fly to San Juan. Fabulous ports and beautiful ship.

2). I just visited NYC this past June, and it was awesome. If I do the 5 night Bermuda on EOS, then I can drive to the port and extend my vacation in the city for two extra nights. It is a Saturday - Thursday, so I could spend thursday to saturday in nyc.

Both sound great, I just don't know which one would be better. I've always wanted to go to Bermuda and Explorer was my favorite ship. But the AOS and its ports are just so enticing.

Have you considered any lines other than RCCL? We were looking to do an additional cruise booking on RCCL and when we looked at the brochures, we said RCCL didn't have any more itineraries that we liked - but Princess did.

Archived