Shuttle from Brooklyn Dock to Manhattan?

Marialivia

Hello All,

Please help!! My cousins are arriving in NYC next Sunday (9/16) from England via P&O's "Aurora." I am planning to meet them when they arrive, but I had assumed they'd disembark on the West Side of Manhattan. I now learn that they are docking in Brooklyn, and I am not familiar with how to get there to meet them.

I'd like to know if the cruise line might provide a shuttle into Manhattan for its passengers, since their itinerary promises "New York City," which most of us translate as "Manhattan." I have arranged for a tour of Manhattan as well as other activities, but I'm concerned about meeting up with them.

(They will be calling me from Philadelphia the day before they arrive in NYC, and I'd like to have it all figured out. I really don't want to go to Brooklyn.)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

ML:confused:

Thanks Arizona! I appreciate your prompt reply. In the meantime, I had e-mailed the cruise line in England but was not optimistic about their responding in time.

However, I received a very gracious and helpful response in which I learned that the ship provides complimentary shuttles into Manhattan (and back to Brooklyn), with a number of stops from which my cousins can choose -- when they call me, I can meet them at either one.

I feel very relieved!

ML:)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the shuttles were complimentary (although the cruise itself was an expensive one, based on my own budgetary guidelines)! We met up in front of Toys R Us in Times Square and picked up a Gray Line Tour Bus of the Downtown Loop, followed by a scrumptious late lunch in the pricey restaurant at Rockefeller Center! Worth every penny; this IS after all,New York!

We met up again on the following Thursday in Bar Harbor, Maine, one of New England's most glorious locations.

Thanks for the responses.

ML

Archived