just back from Liberty...was ok.

Samdel

Ridiculous statement. What does the status of other people have to do with a person's vacation experience? What is the point of a cruise review unless the person provides a report of what he or she thought and experienced? I guess we all should be mindless Pollyanna drones because somebody somewhere has it worse than we do. :rolleyes:

I guess it's in the water this week!!!!!!;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=623470

You do realize that Carnival is a business and folks pay their hard earned money to be able to cruise along with giving up vacation time and when expectations are not met then folks have a right to express their opinions without called being called a crybaby.

I so agree. I don't get many vacations and cruises are at the top of my budget. So when I choose to spend my very hard earned and scare dollars on a cruise I have the right to expect certain things. If I wanted to do was relish in the fact that I am not amongst the starving or not have to look at four white walls I could sure do it a lot cheaper.

As a matter of fact, I don't want to think about my luck being on a cruise and starving people cause than I'm going to feel guilty. I am going to be critical if my air conditioning doesn't work, if I can't sleep because the cabin next to me is partying on my balcony, if they mess up sail and sign, etc.

I know many folks say "at least I'm not at work", well if that was all I needed to make me happy I could find at lot cheaper ways to be "not at work".

Four cruises and one has been better than the other. Hope I'm not pushing my luck.

Just returned Sunday from Carnival Liberty. We had to run to evade Hurricane Felix. While I realize it was an act of God, and they had 5 ships to reposition, substituting Nassau and Grand Turk for Costa Rica and Panama is a letdown.

This is our 2nd Carnival Cruise since October and they're not getting any better. Liberty is our first "big" Carnival ship and it is very beautiful. However, we had some of the worst entrees yet, but the desserts were Great! Go figure. Toughest "tenderloin" in the world and there was no use getting another one, everyone's was the same.

I don't want to sound like another complainer, but we will think long before we choose Carnival in the future. Just wasn't up to par with other cruiselines.

Did get a lot of rest and service was impeccable, especially Louie and Roberto in the Golden Olympian.

Happy Cruising everyone.

i'm sorry you didn't fully enjoy it. i really like the line. have never had a "bad" cruise. the closest we ever cruised apart was 7 months. had a bad steak on my last cruise, but have 2 more booked anyway. :D

I too was on the Liberty cruise last week. Yes the ship was totally booked - but the fact that 500 or so people belonged to the same group really didn't change things - the ship was full - period. You would have had the same issues with lines, etc even if those 500 people weren't part of a group. Granted at times (mostly getting off and on at ports) we saw a lot of them together. But they were always polite and happy to be cruising. I would rather spend time with 500 happy cruising people than 500 complainers ! More annoying were the few kids who kept diving into the pool despite signs and requests not to. And you know if one of them got hurt the parents (who were blissfully ignoring everything) would be suing.

I too was disappointed at the itinerary change - we really wanted to see Costa Rica and Panama - but we enjoyed Cozumel - Nassau was as dirty and neglected as I remembered from the last time we were there - and Grand Turk was a completely delightful surprise - loved the beach, the shops, etc.

And who is to say if we would have been happier with Panama, etc.

So all in all I think you have to look at it objectively. We had probably the best cruise out of our past 14 (both Carnival and RCL) and that was because we chose to make the best of the itinerary. The food was mostly very good to excellent - one night our waiter advised us NOT to get the beef because it wasn't good in his opinion - and yet on another he suggested it and it was like butter - - the veal dishes were exceptional and the deli at luch was too. My husband enjoyed the FREE sushi and we both enjoyed the FREE pizza and ice cream - sorry but I don't feel Carnival nickels and dimes you.

My only complaint and I was going to mention it when I did a review (but this seems to be taking care of that) was the jewelry shop on board - we found the staff to be ill-informed, and generally not very interested in your questions. They kept changing the time of the raffles (I am sure in order to generate more interest) and the time when they were selling the lose stones, etc. I wouldn't rush to do business with them on another cruise but it certainly won't affect my opinion of Carnival generally.

In the future I think we may try for a smaller ship (although we loved the Liberty there were a lot of people to process etc.) And if we chose to cruise this time of year again it will be because of the ship experience and not necessarily because of a strong desire to see certain ports because there is a good chance it won't happen.

We met one couple at the airport going down and several times on the ship and again on the way home - we asked them how they enjoyed the cruise - they had long faces and shrugged and said "out of a scale of 1-10 this was probably a 9" . . . my husband and I chuckled after - - we don't think a 9 out of 10 is reason for a long face : ) But I guess it is a matter of opinion.

Cry babies that is what I call you....... People are going hungry in the world yet your still cruising eating a piece of meat. .......

:) But like some of these opinions - they are like a##holes - we all have them but some are reluctant to share them.

I am sorry I just don't get it and ya know don't really want to.

I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would want to share an "a##hole".

Guess I'm missing something in the translation.

However, I think everybody should have an opinion, and express it. I just got off the Legend, and was disappointed in the food, especially in the Lido at dinner time. Lunch was great. We went to other ports due to Felix, but I still enjoyed myself. Sometimes I felt I was in Walmart (hope I don't get "poofed"), but I still had a good time. It's all in your attitude, most of the time. Everybody has a right to complain, or praise....that's what makes us all different, and nobody should be criticized for what they feel, or how they perceived something.:p

Just returned Sunday from Carnival Liberty. We had to run to evade Hurricane Felix. While I realize it was an act of God, and they had 5 ships to reposition, substituting Nassau and Grand Turk for Costa Rica and Panama is a letdown.

This is our 2nd Carnival Cruise since October and they're not getting any better. Liberty is our first "big" Carnival ship and it is very beautiful. However, we had some of the worst entrees yet, but the desserts were Great! Go figure. Toughest "tenderloin" in the world and there was no use getting another one, everyone's was the same.

I don't want to sound like another complainer, but we will think long before we choose Carnival in the future. Just wasn't up to par with other cruiselines.

Did get a lot of rest and service was impeccable, especially Louie and Roberto in the Golden Olympian.

Happy Cruising everyone.

You may decide not to cruise Carnival again, but other ships are choosing new ports due to weather or recent hurricane damage. Hit or miss on whether people will like the newly announced port.

As for the dining room entrees - it is to bad that you were disappointed with the entrees. Perhaps it was a poor meat purchase by Carnival. On all of our cruises we have enjoyed the beef...and we come from the beef capital of Canada. My favorite part is dessert anyway:D glad that was good.

Payd:)

OUCH!! Please remember that these people did PAY for their cruise! Do you want all of those have even something SLIGHTLY negative to say to just SHUT UP??? Well I for one appreciate all the reviews, even the negative ones. I will know to try something other that the filet on the menu, if I happen to cruise on the Liberty. The old saying of "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it" DOES NOT apply to a forum where you are trying to share opinions. It won't work if we are only sharing happy, gleeful information :rolleyes: .

Sorry, that was OT, thanks to the reviewer for your honest opinion!!

Isnt that what this board is for? One thing has nothing to do with the other and I wont feel one bit of guilt over my indulgence

Cry babies that is what I call you....... People are going hungry in the world yet your still cruising eating a piece of meat. Sorry your taste buds were offended. Some complain about the decor. Sorry again your eyes are sore while others look at 4 empty walls. Now I am not saying this is all your fault, however just be grateful you can do these things. I am tired of reading reviews were people say Oh this wasn't what I expected or ya know there were too many people and had to wait in lines. Hello your on a ship that hold over 3000 people. What did ya expect???? We should stop the world for you???? Do you really live in a world where everything is catered to you? If so good for you. :) But like some of these opinions - they are like a##holes - we all have them but some are reluctant to share them.

I am sorry I just don't get it and ya know don't really want to.

KUMBAYA

Why not skip your cruise and volunteer on your vacation? I am sure there are openings in the Peace Corps...

Sound ridiculous, right? Just like your reply

I have never been on a Carnival ship that is not sold out or had some sort of group cruising on it, I thought it was normal to have lines at the buffet, loud music on the lido and atleast a few rude passengers.

I cruise knowing this is the norm, i over look the small things, not to say that i don't see them and that sometimes they don't bother me a bit but a vacation is what you make of it and have a great time...everytime!!!

People that like soul music. Not a religious group. Sorry.

Im Sorry but are you picking out a particular race? :eek: I mean i may be wrong but what exactly are you all talking about here? I am a first time cruiser and I have came to enjoy this board but this particular forum sounds a little racial to me.. I agree with the previous poster people seem to filter out the same conduct coming from their own race but expect it from certain others. So please just explain what you are saying I really do not want this to be my last post on this board but if this is what this is about then I think I am going to have to find another site..

Im Sorry but are you picking out a particular race? :eek: I mean i may be wrong but what exactly are you all talking about here? I am a first time cruiser and I have came to enjoy this board but this particular forum sounds a little racial to me.. I agree with the previous poster people seem to filter out the same conduct coming from their own race but expect it from certain others. So please just explain what you are saying I really do not want this to be my last post on this board but if this is what this is about then I think I am going to have to find another site..

the poster was referring to a "soul cruisers" group that was on the sailing. when someone asked what "soul cruisers" meant, he clarified.

i think you are reading a little too much into it.

I think that you need to take the time to go back and read the comments again and it will be clear on why that comment was made and no it was not a racist comment.

Happy Cruising everyone.

And funny, that is all you did :rolleyes:

When you choose to sail during hurricane season, guess what, you can be assured that a hurricane will occur. Since it is apparent that you wanted certain ports, then why did you not book in November when you would have been assured that your cruise would sail to the ports you wanted?

[quote name='voyagerfl'][SIZE=3]THE OP DID MAKE SEVERAL POSITIVE COMMENTS....SO EVERYONE SHOULD NOT GANG UP ON THEM.....THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO THEIR OPINION.[/SIZE]

[LIST]
[*][SIZE=3]Liberty is our first "big" Carnival ship and it is very beautiful.[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=3]the desserts were Great![/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=3]Did get a lot of rest and service was impeccable,[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=3]especially Louie and Roberto in the Golden Olympian.[/SIZE][/LIST][/quote]

There is no need to yell, we are not on the other side of Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Virgin_cruiser2007']Im Sorry but are you picking out a particular race? :eek: I mean i may be wrong but what exactly are you all talking about here? I am a first time cruiser and I have came to enjoy this board but this particular forum sounds a little racial to me.. I agree with the previous poster people seem to filter out the same conduct coming from their own race but expect it from certain others. So please just explain what you are saying I really do not want this to be my last post on this board but if this is what this is about then I think I am going to have to find another site..[/quote]

One on hand you give me hard time about clarifying something not realizing I'm the same person that wrote the filter post you praise.

[quote name='kylescoolmom']Cry babies that is what I call you....... People are going hungry in the world yet your still cruising eating a piece of meat. Sorry your taste buds were offended. Some complain about the decor. Sorry again your eyes are sore while others look at 4 empty walls. Now I am not saying this is all your fault, however just be grateful you can do these things. I am tired of reading reviews were people say Oh this wasn't what I expected or ya know there were too many people and had to wait in lines. Hello your on a ship that hold over 3000 people. What did ya expect???? We should stop the world for you???? Do you really live in a world where everything is catered to you? If so good for you. :) But like some of these opinions - they are like a##holes - we all have them but some are reluctant to share them.

I am sorry I just don't get it and ya know don't really want to.[/QUOTE]

Well Spoken but yes a little blunt, but yes everyone has different tales for the same cruise. Best part is you are Crusing. Please take good care of the Liberty. We sail on her 2 cruises from you. Enjoy your trip. Can you let me know how the Lido deck is by the Versallis pool (Aft) if you don't mind. That is were we are planning are Meet & Greet. Thank in advance. Again have a great trip.
Cheri

[quote name='Virgin_cruiser2007']Im Sorry but are you picking out a particular race? :eek: I mean i may be wrong but what exactly are you all talking about here? I am a first time cruiser and I have came to enjoy this board but this particular forum sounds a little racial to me .[/quote]

Actually we don't pick on any certain races. we pick on any group that goes on anyship, takes over, is rude to other passengers, no matter what color they are.

Please do not try and turn this into a racial thread, no one elase has!

I didn't mean to come across as a racist. I was not talking of a specific race, I assure you.. I was encompassing ALL races. I meant to show my distaste for rude, cutting in line, classless people who affected my hard earned vacation. Thats all.

[quote name='Virgin_cruiser2007']Im Sorry but are you picking out a particular race? :eek: I mean i may be wrong but what exactly are you all talking about here? I am a first time cruiser and I have came to enjoy this board but this particular forum sounds a little racial to me.. I agree with the previous poster people seem to filter out the same conduct coming from their own race but expect it from certain others. So please just explain what you are saying I really do not want this to be my last post on this board but if this is what this is about then I think I am going to have to find another site..[/quote]

Why do you have to be in a certain people group to like classic soul? I thought you just needed to have good taste....

[quote name='rookie1920']That is what i am afraid of most, going on my first cruise and the ship being overrun by kids, [B]seniors[/B], etc.-thanks.[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Seniors!! Oh No!![/COLOR][/B] :D :D
They can surely ruin a cruise... :D :D Right up there with the unruly kids!! :D

Archived